New series III OTS member

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
MontanaDiver
United States of America

#1 New series III OTS member

Post by MontanaDiver » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Looks like this group has some great experienced members. I recently purchased a 74 from an owner who kept it for 12 years. Wandering through the numerous small issues from not having consistent preventive maintenance. Mostly relays and switches so far... next up is the front discs that howl. Rebuild the calipers and new pads is in the works. Probably tackle the carbs before spring.
Been hanging around British cars for the last 30 years. Triumphs and a 72 FHC series III.
Looking forward to making this one a great driver. Body in good shape, replaced the ignition with the newer HE setup. Runs better when warm, however it starts hard when warm.
Dennis
74 E-type OTS 4 speed
1990 Jaguar XJS V12 convertible
Great Falls, Montana

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

#2 Re: New series III OTS member

Post by vee12eman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:11 am

Welcome (?)

Suggest you put your name in a signature block, we're a pretty friendly bunch!

Regarding front discs that howl, just try some copper grease between the pad rear faces and the pistons, often does the trick. Obviously, keep it off the pad friction material and discs.

Regards,

Simon
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tbob
United States of America

#3 Re: New series III OTS member

Post by Tbob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:51 am

Welcome! :salute:

The "technical information" topic under the "knowledge base" section is required reading for any new owner. Tons of great info there.

Regards,
Bob t
Bob t

LHD '69 OTS. (Former) basket case

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#4 Re: New series III OTS member

Post by Gfhug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:35 am

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly, helpful advice on here, with some good humour too.
Post some photos when you can and do ask any questions in your search for help.

Have fun.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bob.
Great Britain

#5 Re: New series III OTS member

Post by Bob. » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

Welcome

Good to have another S3 owner on board.

Bob
Bob
'71 S3

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kinglaw
United States of America

#6 Re: New series III OTS member

Post by kinglaw » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 am

Hello All and best regards from California, USA

I am a new (novice) participant in the forum but not a novice to Jaguars in general. I didn't realize that there was such a forum until recently when I had spare time on my computer. I have owned many of the Jaguar Marque since 1966 when I bought (to my family's chagrin) a Series 1 OTS 4.2. The tsunami response from everyone was, "will it start?" well I kept it for 3 years, loved it but unfortunately sold this beautiful car on my start in the law, 1969. Having regretted miserably that sale, i convinced my wife in 1974 that we needed a station wagon and would buy one for our growing family. I came home with a new 1974 Series III E which is still in our ownership. (By the way, we are still married after 46 years!)

I have had many Jaguars in between including 420 Saloon, XK140, XK120, and still own our 1985 XJ6 Series III as well as an XJR 2004, both bought from new.

While I am not much of a club person, I do enjoy the technical exchange offered in your fabulous forum. I have a complete library of service manuals that I have acquired plus many spare parts which I knew would be hard to replace, eventually including even a new Lucas Pacemaker Battery for the Series 3 V12 that has never been filled or charged!

I will follow the forum from time to time and if anyone wants to speak with a humble neighbor across the pond i will do my best to join in.

Cheers to all of you!!

Kinglaw aka Barry P. King

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic