71 e-type in Houston Texas

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
712Rcar
United States of America

#1 71 e-type in Houston Texas

Post by 712Rcar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 am

Hello from Houston Texas.
Here is my 71 E-type 4.2. Regency red with biscuit interior, triple Webers and a five-speed box. 17,000 original miles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: 71 e-type in Houston Texas

Post by Gfhug » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 am

Hello 712Rcar, welcome to the forum. Do tell us more, have you owned the car long, done much work to it?

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#3 Re: 71 e-type in Houston Texas

Post by malcolm » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:26 am

Hi and welcome! The car looks great. How do you find it goes with the Webers? Has it had other engine mods?
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
712Rcar
United States of America

#4 Re: 71 e-type in Houston Texas

Post by 712Rcar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. The car has an interesting history. It was purchased in San Antonio, lived there for a year and was then exported to Mexico where it sat in storage for many years.

in the early 2,000's it was imported back into the US and completely refreshed by Paul Melllenger at Lone Star Restorations. Interior completely redone, paint, lightweight flywheel, Triple Webers, 5 speed gearbox, upgraded suspension, upgraded A/C compressor to handle Texas heat, electronic ignition etc.

I purchased the car 18 months ago and since then have painted the hard top and the rear deck (scuff marks from hard top installation) and a had the valves done.

The Webers are, well, interesting. Induction noise is awesome. Acceleration is awesome. Idle and low speed driving in traffic are not so awesome. Also has a constant (but slight) smell of petrol and random 'popping'. I've had multiple mechanics attempt to tune them. They're much better now, but they're not yet right. I'm still searching for a local Weber guru.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WebconUK
Great Britain

#5 Re: 71 e-type in Houston Texas

Post by WebconUK » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:26 am

The popping and low down driveability will almost certainly be down to jetting. Can you post the calibration you are running in your Webers and I will see if we can offer any pointers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic