Hello- show me your engines please!

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Jeremy66
Great Britain

#1 Hello- show me your engines please!

Post by Jeremy66 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello

I’m getting dangerously close to having my car ready to fire up for the first time and I’m looking for some help on niggly engine details to finish it as it was in bits when I got it. Car is a 66 4.2.

Chrome head nut washers, should they be fitted under the engine lifting brackets and be the D shape or should the brackets go directly on top of the head and have round chrome washers under the nuts as per the front studs?

Should there be chrome D nuts under the plug lead conduit brackets with the nuts directly on top?

Any photos of known original engines would be great, the books and google search throws up just about every combination possible!

Regards

Jeremy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hello- show me your engines please!

Post by mgcjag » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Jeremy....welcom to the forum.....a good source for originality is the Factory fit sections.....have a look..you shoukd find what you need viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2007 Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caveman
Great Britain

#3 Re: Hello- show me your engines please!

Post by caveman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Jeremy,

My 1965 4.2 FHC original engine has nothing underneath engine lift brackets, the brackets sit directly on top of head. There are chrome washers (round) on top of the brackets with corresponding chrome nuts atop them. All other chrome washers on mine are 'D' chrome washers. If you PM me your email address I can send you a photo. If theres anything else you would like, add it in the same email.

Regards
Steve
1965 S1 4.2 FHC (early)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic