New With 1R11203 Series II

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
willyspu
United States of America

#1 New With 1R11203 Series II

Post by willyspu » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:01 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim and I am a blueberry farmer in Oregon, USA. My mother in-law purchased 1R11203 a Regency Red OTS in early 1970. She drove the car for about 10 years but very few miles. She gave the car to her son as a wedding present in the early '80's. He damaged the front end but had it repaired. He was not mechanically inclined and about the 3rd time the battery died he parked the car near a barn until 1998. The car was moved from southern California to Oregon and has sat in a garage in Oregon until today. The phase, "take this car or it's going" was uttered one and the title is now mine.

The car has 15,800 miles, it is number matching. Obviously there are problems. The worst visual problem I have identified is rust in the engine bay on the flat metal pieces that come off of either side of what Americans call the fire wall. Some is just surface rust but some is rusted all the way through. There is more surface rust around the front of the engine bay. The interior is beige and the carpets have been consumed by mice but the floor boards seem sound. There is over spray on most of the undercarriage from a shoddy repair to the front end but that may have preserved the metal.

My plan is to make this a weekend driver. I am hoping to be able to clean, repair and replace parts and make her a runner. I know this is wishful thinking as I have restored several Willys Jeeps and Porsche 914.

Anyway, I look forward to working with this group as I progress through this journey.

Thanks,

Jim
1R11203

Jim
Series II
1R11203 Regency Red

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gravygraham
Great Britain

#2 Re: New With 1R11203 Series II

Post by Gravygraham » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Keep us abreast with developments as you get her up and running Jim.
'72 Series 3 manual coupe, pale primrose/black, cww
'61 Land Rover Series 2 petrol 88" in marine blue
'15 Defender 90 Heritage Edition
'15 Defender 90 Station Wagon
‘19 E-Pace HSE (Mrs Gravygraham’s runabout)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkS1972
Great Britain

#3 Re: New With 1R11203 Series II

Post by MarkS1972 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am

Hey Jim... Wow, what a beast! Looking really good for that millage.
Have a great day! - Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#4 Re: New With 1R11203 Series II

Post by JerryL770 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Who's a lucky boy then? :drinkingcheers:

Your car looks to be in amazing condition considering its history - a great starting point.

Are you here looking for advice? Do you need such? I would not like to start here by teaching you how to suck eggs - as the saying goes in the UK :smile:
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic