Hi another new member

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

#1 Hi another new member

Post by JEP41 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:09 am

I have just joined the forum

I am from Norfolk and own a 1962 E-Type Chassis # 379 roadster. The car was purchased as an abandoned restoration attempt in 1999 and over the next three years rebuilt into a lightweight copy. It has the steel tub with alloy bonnet, boot, doors and hardtop. the engine is dry sumped with triple webbers. It is mainly a track day tool when time allows. I also own a 63 3.8 MKII rebuilt as a coombs copy and I am currently building copy of a 53 spec C-Type Jaguar complete with all alloy body.
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Echezeaux

Post by Echezeaux » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 am

Hi John,

Welcome aboard, plenty of nice guys here and good humour !
Please, post some pictures of your cars especially the LWE !!
And as you problably know already : 3.8 RULES !!

Thierry
3.8 RULES

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather,not screaming and terrified like his passengers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:46 am

John

Welcome to the Forum. Interesting selection of cars you have there and pictures would be most welcome. I prepared an easy DIY guide to posting pictures here: http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=850 . Give it a try if you have time.

I have been toying with the idea of a C-Type replica and was looking at the Classic Chassis Services (www.ctype.biz) ones.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 am

At present I am sitting in my office aboard a VLCC crude oil tanker in the South China Sea, and will not be back in Britain until 23rd Sept. I am not ver computer literate when at home if the choice comes down to sitting at the key board or going into the garage the garage always wins. I was going to say I will post pictures of my car but don't know how yet then I saw the Photobucket Blog so if my car appears you will know I figured it out. Give me a 3.8 XK engine to play with anyday. As you may have guessed I am an engineer :oops:
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am

Hi Dave,

I am using one of Andy's C-Type Chassis's (C-Type Biz) on my car. He builds an excellent product and is a perfectionist. The alloy body by Aubry Finburgh who owns an original C- Type reg PUR 120 and does mostly alloy work. I build my own engines suspensions and assemble the cars myself. I have already machined up a 3.8 block just ready for assembly, I know it should be a 3.4 but I do like a 3.8 with a big valve head, a pair of Dave Butcher cams and triple webbers. The head is ported the crank tuftrided. JE Pistons on wide blade rods will be used on this engine. It will be similar spec to my E-Type although I used Vernolia pistons in the E-Type engine CR 9.5:1. It made 300BHP on Pete Baldwins Rolling Road. The clearance on vernolia pistons cold is 0.007" which makes them noisy when the engines cold but great when hot. JE use a different alloy spec and don't expand so much and therefore don't require the large clearance so I am giving these a go this time. Crown design on both pistons is very similar.
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 am

I tried to join Photobucket but access was denied. My company has it blocked for some reason, I will have to join when I get back to Norfolk and post the pictures then.
:(
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 am

I tried to join Photobucket but access was denied. My company has it blocked for some reason, I will have to join when I get back to Norfolk and post the pictures then.
:(
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 am

:hiya: John welcome to the forum....

I was gonna say its full of knowledge but you seem to know your onions :smackself:

Look forward to seeing the pics :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 am

Hi All
Having tried unsuccessfully to get around my companys effects to block various sites I tried to get my car's pictures on the Forum, I remembered I posted my car's picture on the E-Type Data Base site its Chassis 850379. The picture was taken at a track day at Goodwood in 2006 a CKL meeting. I will post more when I get back into civilization.
:)
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:54 am

Heres the thread

http://www.xkedata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=45935

Nice looking car :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Clive,

Thanks for putting the Thread as you call it to the E-Type data base site I haven't a clue how to do it myself. I really will have to get into this computer jargon. Give me an engine to build any day
:cry:
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Guys,

I did try to get some photos on the Forum while in the South China Sea but was unable to access Photobucket due to my company blocking the site. Below are some pictures taken this week of my E-type. I just hope I have done this correctly and they can be viewed.

:?
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:21 pm

They can be veiwed fine John.

it looks lovely :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Nice photos John. I see you have the same exhaust system as me (Tony Law?) albeit mine is on a road car. Sounds superb but it is LOUD!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GSR 54D
Great Britain

Post by GSR 54D » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes probably "Loud" as well and I bet it's quick too. I wonder if it needs Koolmat, just picked my kit up today and will be installing over the winter.

Lovely looking machine

John H

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi David,

You are correct it is very loud 105 decibels at goodwood sound check at 4000 rpm. I have just purchased a couple of end cans from a company who say they should reduce the level to 98 decibels. We shall see but they look awful on the car protruding out of the back by at least 8 inches maybe more.
I cannot believe my time at home has come to an end and I travel back to Jakarta on Monday, just time for a day at Stoneleigh on Sunday :cry:
Kind Regards John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:12 am

John,

there's a few of us meeting at the bar at 1pm may be see you there?

Check the meet & greet section for details

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JEP41
Great Britain

Post by JEP41 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 pm

I will look out for you all :D
Kind Regards John