New member from Canada

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
rdh6642
Canada

#1 New member from Canada

Post by rdh6642 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:27 pm

Forum members,

By way of introduction, I have been an itinerant lurker on this forum for a while, but my repeated searches for the headlamp relay upgrade appeared to trigger a suggestion that registration was in order. That is one well done thread and I've ordered the parts, so here I am.

I have owned a 1966 FHC (Sept 65 build) since 2007. Good driver, originally from California and as a result body was and is in good shape. Repainted circa 1995 from Primrose to Black, and interior was redone with black Bartlett kit likely at the same time. Both still presentable due to limited use since. Mechanically, by the time I acquired the car the original motor and transmission were still intact but thoroughly worn out, and both were rebuilt in 2007 by Cheshire Motors in Mississauga. John Keene RIP was one of the few remaining original and old-school 1970s British Leyland mechanics, who let me work in the shop on weekends surrounded by MGs, Healeys, a Rolls or two, Jags and Astons. I had gone to heaven. Installed new wiring harness, rebuilt the carbs, painted bits and polished the cam covers while John did the real work. On the road that September and it's been a summer driver since. Bit of a beast on the backroads as should be expected.....

The car is largely original and I find it generally straightforward to repair or replace factory components so still on Lucas points, SU pump, rad and fan as delivered. Alternator is a replacement to fit original bracket and finding a rebuildable 11AC remains on the list. In southern Ontario, that means Ancaster in April for the first (and only) major swap meet of the season. The snow is usually gone by then.

There seems to be a noticeable increase in transatlantic traffic between the Jag-lovers and E-type forums which is all to the good and glad to be a part of it.

Bob Hodgins
66 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: New member from Canada

Post by Gfhug » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 am

Bob, welcome to properly being on the forum instead of just lurking.
You seem to have a nice car by the sounds of it and ready to 'appreciate' he quirkiness of old British cars.

When you feel up to it post a few photos and ask any questions seeking for help. Lots of very willingly given advice on here.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gerry
Canada

#3 Re: New member from Canada

Post by Gerry » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:41 am

Hi Bob I live in rural Milton will keep an eye out for you at the Ancaster swap meet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic