Can anyone help?

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Jim30
Great Britain

#1 Can anyone help?

Post by Jim30 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Jim, I’m from the midlands. I’m trying to find an E-Type to hire for my Wedding day but I’m not having any luck. It’s my dream car, I’m hoping one day to own one but for now I would settle for just being able to have one on my Wedding day. Looking for a soft top in either white, silver/grey, dark blue or dark green. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would mean a lot.

Thank you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Can anyone help?

Post by mgcjag » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:13 pm

Not very hard to find...just google search e type for hire.............. http://www.greatescapecars.co.uk/cars-j ... iccars.asp...... many owners would be vary wary contacting a 1st time poster and offering there car for hire....unless you give a lot more details about yourself..where in the midlands are you...
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jim30
Great Britain

#3 Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Jim30 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately I had already been in touch with the company that you provided the link for, their E Type has already been booked for the date I needed in July.
I can completely understand that people would be wary, but I am happy to provide anyone all the information they require - just would prefer not to divulge personal information over a public internet platform! I am located in Worcestershire. If anyone would be interested in hiring their car to me or can recommend a someone that can I would be very grateful.
If you are able to help I will send you a private message with all the details.
Thanks all!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#4 Re: Can anyone help?

Post by cactusman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Try here

https://www.vintage-classics.co.uk

I hired ADD103B 8 years back...then I bought one. They were fabulous to deal with...although theirs is a fhc...which is prettier in my opinion anyway...

The issue you have with member cars is that all private classic car insurance specifically excludes hire or reward. Anyone lending their car would have to get you on as a named driver which may prove problematic. If you do enter a private agreement with someone you will probably have to get your own insurance for the weekend and that will not be easy or cheap I am afraid....especially if you are lucky enough to be under 30....

Hope you get one sorted though and hope sometime you get your own...
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic