Car valuation

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Unwanted owner
Great Britain

#1 Car valuation

Post by Unwanted owner » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Evening folks,
So the other day we had the sad news that the mrs father had died suddenly, he was a massive e type fan and owned his series 2 2+2. We have been asked if we can get it valued by a independent valuer as we really don’t know to much e types. We know its been dry stored since ownership, never wanted for anything and is in excellent condition. If anybody has any advice about who to speak about valuing it but I don’t like these generic online sites and quick “buy it now” sale places,so I’d like somebody who knows these well. Thanks all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Car valuation

Post by mgcjag » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi...you could contact https://www.mossjaguar.com/about-us-and-contact.html Talk to Angus who runs the company and is also one of our moderators....he does valuation reports... you could use this valuation tool to give you an idea...http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/ind ... Backlink=1 .......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Unwanted owner
Great Britain

#3 Re: Car valuation

Post by Unwanted owner » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks for the reply we’re just trying to think of what’s best to do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#4 Re: Car valuation

Post by mgcjag » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi....yes i understand not a very nice position to be in......you obviously have a lot of things to sort out....Give Angus a call and see how you get on...I assume this valuation is for probate purposes.....As far as i am aware you can do your own valuation so long as it is realistic....the Hagerty tool should be good enough....i would suggest you print out the valuation and use that......you then have proof that you have used a valuation based on an insurance companies extensive research.....All the best....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic