New Member - Looking For Car History

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
geoffm
Great Britain

#1 New Member - Looking For Car History

Post by geoffm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm the new owner of a 1963 Series 1 OTS (matching numbers) E-Type. Bought it at H&H UK auction 2 years ago and it is about to complete full nuts and bolts restoration in May. Chasis Nr. 879328. Heritage certificate states it was despatched on 2 May 1963 and originally sold to an Ets Petel through the distributor Delecroix, Paris, France. That's all I know, no VIN or registration mark known. How can I trace the 45 years owner history from that time to now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1963 Series 1 OTS Left Hand Drive Fully Renovated 2019

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#2 Re: New Member - Looking For Car History

Post by cactusman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm

You used to be able to fill in form V888 and the DVLA would send details of previous UK owners back to around about the late 1970's but the GDPR regs have put and end to it. Only the police etc can request information like that. Prior to then registrations were done by counties. Some may still retain old records but many have disposed of them I think. As it was originally (presumably) registered in France maybe one of our French members could advise... Put a post on here with as much information as you have and you never know....someone may have known the car in the past....
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tim wood
Great Britain

#3 Re: New Member - Looking For Car History

Post by tim wood » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Possibly a long shot but maybe some detail on xkedata.com

Always worth a look
Series 1 FHC purchased 40 years ago. Courted my wife in it.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#4 Re: New Member - Looking For Car History

Post by JJC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Always hard to fill in the blanks. Its your baby now, and no doubt when put your new baby back on the road, it will bring you miles of smiles. So enjoy the adventure. FYI searches, and certificates mean nothing, and are usually incomplete. I would mention to the hordes of Jag fans that will come to see your Jag , both during the rebuild, and your enjoyable cruising down the road, that in the last 50 years, George Hamilton, Roger Moore, Keith Moon and Margret Thatcher all owned the car at one point. That should satisfy the masses. Good luck to the doubting Thomas'es looking into that list ! LOL I have had my Series 3 since new, so my name only name on the title since new. However, I understand that Elvis once visited the dealership before my purchase in April of 1974, and sat in the car. Luckily for me, he showed no interest because dealer would not paint it pink. Lucky me.

JC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic