New to this forum

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#1 New to this forum

Post by Route 66 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi My name is Ellis.
Joined a few days ago. I have been working on my 1971 E Type S II roadster. US model.I started this restoration about 18 years ago. Pulled off to raise my son' I have just started back on it about 2 months ago. This will be my second restoration on this car. I bought it in 1980 restored it in 1981 & 1982. When doing that restoration I made many trips to Great Britain. Most of them to London to buy new parts at [ Norman Motors ] I think he was located around NW-W12. But not sure it was long ago. And another place some where to the south west of London. When I could stay longer than 3 days I would drive through out G B. I always had a great time, met a lot of kind and friendly people. Many great memories of the people and the country.
Back to why I am here. This restoration will be more in depth than the last. I will have some questions from time to time. I hope you will help me with your knowledge so I can do a proper restoration. If any of you have questions you would like to ask me feel free to do so.
At this time I am removing all of the wiring from the car. Before I take it completely out I would Like to have a new replacement in hand. I would like to get a complete harness that is most like the original. Where would you recommend
I purchase it. also the part number if you know it's number.
I am not sure if this will happen but if I live long enough to see this to completion. I would like to ship it home to GB and spend some time there seeing more of the country.
Thanks Ellis. :drinkingcheers:

I would post a pic but not able to at this time
Last edited by Route 66 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: New to this forum

Post by mgcjag » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi Ellis....welcom to the forum....i see somehow you have duplicated you post.....i will delete the other one and keep this running.....plenty of good usefull info hetevim sure u will enjoy....Steve
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#3 Re: New to this forum

Post by Gfhug » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:29 pm

Ellis, welcome to this invaluable forum where you’ll get lots of help and advice with a bit of fun and humour.
There is a restoration section and we will enjoy reading about your project there when it gets going.
In Britain we go to autosparks for wiring harnesses and you should be able to get complete sets from them, they may have a bit of a backlog so be prepared to wait and get on with other work.
Keep us aware of progress and ask any questions, even if they sound silly, we’ve all been there
Good luck

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#4 Re: New to this forum

Post by Route 66 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Thank You Gfhug.
I appreciate your help on this. I will try and contact them. In the future I will try and post in the proper section.. Thanks again Ellis

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#5 Re: New to this forum

Post by Route 66 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:15 pm

mgcjag wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Hi Ellis....welcom to the forum....i see somehow you have duplicated you post.....i will delete the other one and keep this running.....plenty of good usefull info hetevim sure u will enjoy....Steve

Sorry I did not intend to post it twice thank you for removing it. I will try and do better. Your forum is a bit different from a forum i am on in the states.
Would you tel me how to post pictures [image's] on this forum. I have tried but was not successful.
Thanks again Ellis

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#6 Re: New to this forum

Post by mgcjag » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi Ellis....when you create a new post or reply you should see a P add image to post.....on my tablet its bottom left of the area im typing in.....click on this them follow instructions and select your image to post....hope this helps.. Steve
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#7 Re: New to this forum

Post by Route 66 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:24 am

mgcjag wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Hi Ellis....when you create a new post or reply you should see a P add image to post.....on my tablet its bottom left of the area im typing in.....click on this them follow instructions and select your image to post....hope this helps.. Steve
Thanks I will try that

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#8 Re: New to this forum

Post by malcolm » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 am

Hi! And welcome to the forum. I'm sure it will be a great help in your restoration.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

AshM
Great Britain

#9 Re: New to this forum

Post by AshM » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Welcome Ellis

You will only get help, support and advice on here. A great group of enthusiasts with incredible knowledge as a collective.

+1 for AutoSparks - have done the engine compartment of my car recently and their looms are great. If you phone them with queries they cannot be more helpful.

I am sure you know but hundreds and hundreds of photographs as you dismantle and label every wire; however obvious.

Keep us updated on your progress.

cheers
Ash
Series 2 FHC 1970
1R 20607

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic