New member + New E type owner

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
TinsonEV12
Great Britain

#1 New member + New E type owner

Post by TinsonEV12 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Hello all.
My name is Ben, I am 23 years old and have recently purchased my dream car, that being said it is currently a bare shell and in about 10 boxes. A restoration was the only route for me to own an E type as to buy one in road worthy condition is way out of my reach. I have restored a few classics such as Land rovers and minis but now is the time to set my target higher.

I bought the Jaguar about 1 month ago and have since had the heads skimmed and valves/seats ground. I am currently rebuilding the heads and having all sorts of fun trying to figure out the sizes for the tappet shims.

The body is in great shape with no rust at all, to my knowledge the previous owner who only had it for roughly 1 year bought the car from an old school enthusiat who had owned the car for 25 years.

The car is a matching numbers 1973 series 3 2+2 v12. I have just recieved the Certificate from the jaguar heritage trust showing it is an original UK RHD car which was supplied by Henly's of London in Old english white with Dark blue interior.

I have attached some images for you all to critique (some are saying they are to large so will try and figure out what to do with them), please let me know what you think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben
Attachments
LLVW4560.JPG
LLVW4560.JPG (111.76 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
KSEC8840.JPG
KSEC8840.JPG (98.65 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
KILX2159.JPG
KILX2159.JPG (97.26 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
1973 Jaguar E type 2+2 5.3 V12

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SESH
Great Britain

#2 Re: New member + New E type owner

Post by SESH » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of E Type knowledge here, if you have any problems it's highly likely that someone on here will have come up against them before and will be able to offer you good advice.

Your shell looks very presentable and as you say there doesn't seem to much rust. A great start. I just hope you have all the bits in your boxes to build a complete car. You can get most of the parts from the normal suppliers but they are fairly expensive.

Good luck with the restoration, keep us updated on your progress.

It will be worth all the hard effort.

Mike
1973 Jaguar E Type Series 3 OTS Signal Red
1968 Proteus Jaguar C Type Ecurie Ecosse Flag Blue
1963 Triumph TR4 Signal Red
2020 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: New member + New E type owner

Post by mgcjag » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Ben...Welcom to the forum...lots of help and great info for you here....most important is to enjoy your build...All the best...Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic