Huff Stuff

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
HuffUSJag
United States of America

#1 Huff Stuff

Post by HuffUSJag » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi All: I have been on the Jag Lovers forum for some years and decided to expand my horizons in light of the situation that I had and have. My 1969 2+2 E-Type made a LA-back-to-LA cross-US road trip (the long way, in more ways than one) such that the return trip the car was on a trailer. That was March of 2016. I have since ordered many parts (including a billet crankshaft from one of your neighbors) and await a time when I can dig into the project. The chassis is a marvel, much care taken just before leaving for home. It is the drivetrain that was a problem, having "spun" main bearings, ergo, the new pricey spinney piece.
This endeavor threatened my marriage; after that it is all easy.
I don't foresee re-engaging the project in the very near future unless I get sacked from my job.
I may precipitate this just to have the time for the old girl's repairs. There is a Broadsport 5 speed box waiting patiently, as well.

I look forward to reading the listed infos/tales, sharing new, and meting out horrific stories of mechanical horror and achievement.

Thanks,
Huff
Very Early 1969 E-Type 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Huff Stuff

Post by mgcjag » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:02 am

Hi Huff....welcom to the forum...i do recognise you name from Jag Lovers..assuming you the same Huff :bigrin: ..please try to put your name and car model in the signature area.......All the best...Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
HuffUSJag
United States of America

#3 Re: Huff Stuff

Post by HuffUSJag » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Same Huff as Jag Lovers Forum.

Yesterday I did a little bit of sorting for when the time comes (throwing out a number of empty egg cartons that I was collecting- they are pluperfect for the size/count of openings for storing of the 6 cyl valvetrain bits) and started to get concerned about not remembering where all goes. Remembered the last big go-round of work from '16 when I was on the JL Forum daily I decided it can't hurt to side up with you folk to make ready for when I pull the trigger on the project I will need all the help I can get.

I will and do have goodies to exchange, i.e...I am converting from the automatic box to the manual and made up my own clutch pedal. If it is eventually functional I will offer up to others, having made a number of copies, etc..and info gleaned from other non-OEM fixes (such as concentric hydraulic throw-out bearing).

Huff
Very Early 1969 E-Type 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic