New Nottingham member and 860 RAU

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Dave the j
Great Britain

#1 New Nottingham member and 860 RAU

Post by Dave the j » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join your excellent E type forum.i don’t own one at the moment but I will be looking for a fhc series 1 or 2 in the new year. This won’t be my first E type ! Around 1983 I was working as a mechanic in a garage in Derbyshire and one of the customers was looking at my 1929 Rex Acme which I Used for work that day. He then said he had some really old bikes and a E type roadster .When I got to his very run down garage to see them I was greeted by an even more run down silver blue E type it was literally in tatters, I really don’t know what was holding it together.the cylinder head had been taken off many years before but was lying on the floor luckily, as was a hard top.i finished up buying it reluctantly at the time as I don’t think anyone else wanted it.i sold it as it was, not long after.
fast forward to a few weeks ago on you tube, there’s the same car 860 RAU on a film called “The Jaguar E type story” in what looks like as new condition.
If anyone knows who owns it now I would be delighted to to tell them about its history and where it came from.Dave.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

phoenix
Great Britain

#2 Re: New Nottingham member and 860 RAU

Post by phoenix » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:54 pm

I am at the moment putting together a long stalled project for some one. I was presented with a shell and asked to build it from a pile of bits . When looking at what was there I realised a lot was missing. I have now spent £2,500 just on mostly small bits just to get it on four wheels. I have built cars before but as soon as you mention E Type the price goes up . I suppose rarity and supply and demand . So if you are looking to buy get some one who really knows these cars . I think this one after welding and respray is going to cost £10,000 and then what will it be worth ?
S1 4.2 RHD Bryan

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#3 Re: New Nottingham member and 860 RAU

Post by malcolm » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:45 am

Best of luck Phoenix, although I have to say that £10,000 sounds a tad optimistic.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Dave the j
Great Britain

#4 Re: New Nottingham member and 860 RAU

Post by Dave the j » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi thanks for the advice.i think you’re right about knowing these cars, that’s why I am not rushing to buy until I have hopefully have seen other people’s cars and spoken to them about their experiences. I don’t think a total wreck or a part finished project is for me.my ideal would probably be a long term owner ready to pass their car to the next custodian not necessarily in first class condition but maybe needing more minor works to keep it in use.Dave.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic