Just Joined

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Mosboss
Australia

#1 Just Joined

Post by Mosboss » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:00 am

Hi All here
Chris is the name At present 1969 S2 4.2 Manual as well as a S3 V12 Auto both LH drive Both to be converted to RH Also considering turning the S3 to manual, bit two minded about that at this point, time will tell
So lots of fun and games ahead
Had a 4.2 in a previous life for over 18 years as a daily driver and lots of miles on it, like all the way to the moon distance ways, Ha, over 340K on it
It went some 20 plus years ago, back to them now, just like smoking one never gives up, just stops, until the next puff or second hand smoke from smokers around them
Any way even though there are two fully equiped engineering as well as a couple of auto workshop setups available to me one mine the others friends no doubt there will be lots of questions on the finer points of the conversion process
Looking forward to the interaction regardless
Best
1969 S2 2+2 manual, 1970 S3 Auto, 2005 Ferrari 360, XR8 Ford Ute, plus to many motorcycles

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Just Joined

Post by Gfhug » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:10 am

Hello Chris, welcome to the best place for all things E Type. Please add your name and car types to the signature area, it'll allow people to respond to questions both appropriately and politely.
There are a few well known E Type restorers not a million miles away from you who might be able to suggest how to get items sourced in Oz, as well as the usual suppliers here in Britain and the US. Get copies of SNG Barratt's catalogues for your cars, they may cost a few Au$ to have shipped but are invaluable for identifying where things go on the cars. Plus all the owner's workshop manuals, if you haven't still got them.

Good luck with your cars.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#3 Re: Just Joined

Post by malcolm » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:19 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Look forward to some pictures of the cars!
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Mosboss
Australia

#4 Re: Just Joined

Post by Mosboss » Wed May 03, 2023 11:52 am

Hi all
So about 3 weeks ago I took a drive to Ballarat from Melbourne to meet up with Bill, Well what an eye opener that was
A treasure trove indeed about 13-14 E types there in various stages of restoration or repairs are carried out by the man
It was meant to be a quick visit to meet the man and have a chat about my upcoming works which finished up about 4-5 hours later
An amazingly knowledgeable man in most aspects of e type subject we touched upon I thought i knew a lot having lived with one for 17 years plus, Ha
We also discussed a lot of the difficulties on finishes such as zinc plating paint rust removal mechanical aspects etc etc etc
Having an engineering background myself I could and can appreciate his in depth know how about these cars I can say the man has just about every aspect in regards e types covered in great detail with the most obscure little things which he can explain in great detail
It was so good to have visited him that I took a mate and my black Italian cantankerous B...h a Ferrari 360, which was due for a cobweb blow out for another visit a week ago
Again another couple of hours of chatting exchanging ideas talking about these lovely machines, also checking on progress of the cars there not for any other reason than just to see them taking shape, most enjoyable
It seems that Melbourne to Ballarat may become a regular trip, about 1.5 hours a bit more if you stop for a coffee and a break, around 120 KM perfect for the black Italian marvel for a battery charge as well as cleaning the rust off the rotors, even though it is mostly speed limited to 100KM/H there are a couple of sections to 120 KM/H allowed, give or take, Ha
Cheers
1969 S2 2+2 manual, 1970 S3 Auto, 2005 Ferrari 360, XR8 Ford Ute, plus to many motorcycles

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic