Another New Member

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
robertstevenson
Great Britain

#1 Another New Member

Post by robertstevenson » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Hello,

I'm very pleased to have at long last joined this forum. During lockdown I decided to tackle the very tatty interior of my car and at the same time chose to restore the body work and chassis on my 1985 Citroen 2CV. Sadly to the detriment of the E type, I spent more time on the latter.

Although I've had my Series 1 4.2 FHC for around 20 years now, I needed the jolt of lockdown to sort the interior out. I never got round to addressing it as I was always dealing with more pressing mechanical issues, usually in the braking and cooling department.

The one issue that has always puzzled me was the correct fixing of the boot boards. The ones in my car have always rattled and I was very pleased to find a very informative article on the forum, complete with photos and the relevant part numbers. Excellent stuff as are other posts that I have briefly visited.

Next on the list is the age old problem of sticking brakes, which in my case must be vacuum related as they work well once the vacuum pipe is detached and plugged. I've noticed the vacuum check valve is only hand tight in to the reservac which can't be helpful. Hopefully I'll get that sorted next week to enable me to attend the Donnington Event in a couple of weeks time.

I'm grateful to those who have contributed on this site and am looking forward to doing more research to resolve some other minor E Type niggles that I have lived with for the past 20 years!

Robert Stevenson
1965 Series 1 E-type 4.2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Another New Member

Post by Gfhug » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Robert, welcome to the best place for all things E Type. And by the sounds of it you’ve already realised the value of the Forum. Well done for that. I’m sure a search for vacuum will lead you to a lot of useful posts and information to help sort out your brakes.
Good luck with that and don’t feel frightened to post questions. Sometime even posting can produce useful hints at the bottom of the page for related topics never mind the responses from others.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
robertstevenson
Great Britain

#3 Re: Another New Member

Post by robertstevenson » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 am

Many thanks for your kind response Geoff.
1965 Series 1 E-type 4.2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#4 Re: Another New Member

Post by malcolm » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum, any question answered - by people more knowledgeable than me!
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic