Photobucket - how to see images?

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Apprentice Engineer
Great Britain

#1 Photobucket - how to see images?

Post by Apprentice Engineer » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:50 pm

Hello, I've been a member for quite a while - but just come across some images that I want to take a look at and the image directs me to Photobucket. So I have joined Photobucket - but somehow the image still doesn't open there. What do I have to do? I think the images were posted in 2011. What do I have to do to open the images please?
Thank you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Photobucket - how to see images?

Post by mgcjag » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:00 pm

Hi..what's your name..please try to put it and your name in the signature area .... a while ago photo image changed its terms and conditions so you needed an account to post photos....existing photos where the poster didn't have a new account were blocked so now on many of the photo's on the forum you only see a blue post image sign....you cannot view them..its up to the original poster to resubmit them....in some instances I can possibly edit the post to be able to view...but you would need to post a link to the post and post number..Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#3 Re: Photobucket - how to see images?

Post by Heuer » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:12 pm

You can't. We used to use Photobucket, which was free to host photos. They then suddenly changed their business model and held users to hostage by demanding $800 per annum or they would delete their photos. This ruined their business overnight with millions of users grabbing their albums and running away. They relented after a while and instead put a huge Photobucket watermark across the middle of photos. The internet acted as one and left them hanging and renamed them Photofucket! To be avoided at all costs.

I recommend and use IMGUR which is free and allows you to catalogue your photos and provides links for Forums. We also use Postimage which is the blue P link at the bottom left of the editor screen.

The expired Photobucket links can not be restored and posters usually have no interest in redoing their submissions.

Ask for what you are looking for and someone here will provide info and photos pretty quickly.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#4 Re: Photobucket - how to see images?

Post by mgcjag » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:21 pm

:yeahthat: my mistake..its the blue screen with postimage that we can possibly restore
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#5 Re: Photobucket - how to see images?

Post by Gfhug » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:36 pm

Please read this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19527