Hello I'm Oliver

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
olivermarks
United States of America

#1 Hello I'm Oliver

Post by olivermarks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Hello, I was born and grew up in Coventry England where my parents had the same house my entire life, moved to San Francisco California in the 90's and now live 50 miles north in the wine country.

I prefer ambitious restoration projects to buying finished cars, have had a front end wrecked numbers matching 1967 series 1.5 since 2001 and have been accumulating missing parts and skills ever since. I'm finally starting on it this year. It will be a full rotisserie resto. I do virtually everything myself, I enjoy the journey.

My other Jags are a series 1 xj6 with a mkX manifold and three SUs I am putting an overdrive box in, an xjc project I pulled out of a wrecking yard and a 96 last year xj12 that is a driver, I just rebuilt all the suspension on it.

I have quite a few spare and random parts on the shelf so I'll be looking in the wants section in case I have anything useful. I do have both of a series III's front wings in good straight condition and a couple of other series III pieces if anyone happens to be looking for those.

I will share my google photo album as I get going on the car.

Cheers
1967 series 1.5

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hello I'm Oliver

Post by Gfhug » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:36 pm

Oliver, welcome to the best place for all things E Type. Friendly help and advice plus a lot of technical knowledge to benefit from. You’ll know of the Jaglovers US website which will be another useful source of help, especially for parts in the US rather than here in the UK and Europe.
And look at Monocoque website for panels. https://www.monocoque-metalworks.com/main/
Review the restoration topics as you’ll see many examples of how people have gone about the work you’ll be doing. Specific E Type restoration books are listed in the KB. And why not start a restoration topic yourself?

Good luck

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RICHOT
Great Britain

#3 Re: Hello I'm Oliver

Post by RICHOT » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:23 pm

Hi and welcome Oliver to this excellent, helpful and informative forum 👍👍.

Looking forward to photos etc of your restoration progress.

Richard
1950 XK120
1965 S1 E Type DHC
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera cabriolet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Allrand
South Africa

#4 Re: Hello I'm Oliver

Post by Allrand » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:23 am

Welcome Oliver, so you grew up near the origin of the E-type, interesting connection. :bigrin: Good luck with your project(s).
Randall Botha
'64 3.8 fhc & '51 Mk 7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic