Hello!

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
RM89
Great Britain

#1 Hello!

Post by RM89 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:40 am

Hi all,

New member from Rutland, UK here. Coming up to 3 years since I bought a 1971 S3 V12 (my first classic!). My dad owned a 1964 S1 OTS long before I was born, which is a big part of the reason I gained an interest in E-Types myself. Sadly, he passed away at the beginning of last year, but he spent many hours happily working on and driving my car - I'm proud that I was able to follow in his footsteps and own one for myself.

It's in pretty good condition overall but definitely needs some TLC still. Thankfully my brother is pretty handy with classics (he's many years deep into a nut & bolt resto of a Triumph Spitfire) and helps me out from time to time, but I look forward to learning a thing or two here!

Cheers :)

Last edited by RM89 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

1971 S3 2+2 V12

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hello!

Post by Gfhug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:22 am

Welcome to the best place for all things E Type, please add your name to your signature area, much nicer to reply to a person not a user name.
If you want to meet and learn more about running and maintaining an E Type, why not get yourself along to the open day at Moss Jaguar Letchworth: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20497

Angus is a very well respected restorer of Es and there will be a variety of cars from very early 1961 to late S3 to see. Angus and his team give a tour of the workshop and discuss a topic or two and there’ll be others from the forum to meet.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Andyp_67E
Great Britain

#3 Re: Hello!

Post by Andyp_67E » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:05 pm

Hi Welcome, I am not far away in Leicestershire
Was the photo taken at Classic wheels in Rutland in 2022. I was there with my S1.
May see you at some local shows. Ashby classic and vintage vehicle meets on Facebook is a good way of finding local events and classic meets.
Andy
1967 Series 1 4.2 OTS
Leicester, UK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#4 Re: Hello!

Post by JerryL770 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 pm

Hi Ralf, welcome to the forum. Would be good to meet up as I recently lost my best friend with his S3 OTS. I'm in Gretton.

I shall be doing the Stilton Run on Sunday (Drive-it-day), starting in Uppingham and running through Rutland and Cambridgeshire to Stilton, just off the A1. I'll be at the start probably 10.30 ish and lunch at New Lodge Farm at Bulwick before trundling on to Stilton.

Catch up maybe?? Jerry
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
RM89
Great Britain

#5 Re: Hello!

Post by RM89 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:19 am

Andyp_67E wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:05 pm
Hi Welcome, I am not far away in Leicestershire
Was the photo taken at Classic wheels in Rutland in 2022. I was there with my S1.
May see you at some local shows. Ashby classic and vintage vehicle meets on Facebook is a good way of finding local events and classic meets.
Hi Andy - thanks! Yeah, it was indeed at Classic Wheels 2022. Edit: correction, the photo was actually at the Greetham Gathering, but I did also go to Classic Wheels that year. Planning to go again this year as well as the Santa Pod retro show. Looking forward to it as I didn't really go anywhere much last year.
JerryL770 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 pm
Hi Ralf, welcome to the forum. Would be good to meet up as I recently lost my best friend with his S3 OTS. I'm in Gretton.

I shall be doing the Stilton Run on Sunday (Drive-it-day), starting in Uppingham and running through Rutland and Cambridgeshire to Stilton, just off the A1. I'll be at the start probably 10.30 ish and lunch at New Lodge Farm at Bulwick before trundling on to Stilton.

Catch up maybe?? Jerry
Not sure if this was meant for me as my name is Rick, not Ralf :bigrin:

The Stilton Cheese Run looks interesting - first I've heard of it. Still need to do a few jobs on the car so would have missed it anyway, but maybe next year :)
Rick

1971 S3 2+2 V12

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#6 Re: Hello!

Post by JerryL770 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:37 am

Very sorry Rick! Don't know where I got the other name from, maybe another post. So yes, my message was for you.

I did the Stilton Run and count myself slightly lucky to have got home myself as I had a couple of episodes if the engine cutting out and in on me which I have since found to be a faulty contact in the ignition switch, so needs looking at pdq.

I'm in Gretton, not quite in Rutland but maybe near you . . . . or not.
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Andyp_67E
Great Britain

#7 Re: Hello!

Post by Andyp_67E » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm

Sorry did not see your messages I was also on the stilton run in the red S1. Hope to get to the Greetham gathering this year as never been before.
Andy
1967 Series 1 4.2 OTS
Leicester, UK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic