Greetings from Canada

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
ahrbruz
Canada

#1 Greetings from Canada

Post by ahrbruz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:25 am

Have owned my 1969 ots since 1972, and am currently involved in a D.I.Y. bare metal respray.

The 'E' was my daily driver at first, then was demoted to the 'second car'.

The daily kept changing: a Pontiac Astre wagon, 1960 Jaguar Mk II, 1966 MGB-GT, Nissan Sentra wagon, and in 1994, a Saturn SW2 (yes, another 'wagon')

Again, in '94, another addition, providing the significant other with an alternative to the 'E'. As the 'E' was demoted to third car status, it wasn't being driven all that much, and it began to deteriorate.

As the Jag resides in an open carport, rust became an issue. By 2002 the car was no longer driveable, as the radius arm mounts were no longer attached to the floor boards. Sills and lower rear wings also afflicted.

Repairs were initiated and completed with the help of a fellow 'E' owner. At the same time I rebuilt the IRS, hydraulics, detailed the engine etc.

Car back on the road until summer, 2007. At this point, the lacquer paint, applied in 1976, was looking nasty. I believe 'alligator' would be the appropriate description.

Stripped the car from the firewall back, and taught myself how to prep and paint. Bonnet will be stripped and painted as soon as average daily temps reach 15 degrees C.

Then, drive, drive, drive!

Hoping E-Type UK meets with success

Cheers,

Bruce

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Bruce,

Welcome tp E Type Uk

Sounds an interesting story about your e-type

do you have a link where any progress pictures are hosted ?

Clive

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Phil
Belgium

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Hello Bruce

congratulations for this long ownership and keeping the car alive !

best regards
Philippe
1972 V12 2+2, Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic