Hello from South Limburg, Netherlands

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
attwood

#1 Hello from South Limburg, Netherlands

Post by attwood » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Hello everybody,
My name is Dave, I am English but have been living in the Dutch Deep South for the last 15 years. I'm married to a Dutch girl (OK, woman) and have kids and grandkids in England from a previous marriage.
Following a very long drawn-out and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to build a Jaguar powered kitcar (Carlton Carrera Convertible - anybody heard of it?) I bought a 1970 Series 2 OTS in America two years ago. The previous owner had almost completely stripped it and started to repaint it in Old English White.
Since I shipped it over here I've completely stripped it and had it taken back to bare metal and resprayed in the original Pale Primrose. I'm slowly rebuilding it now - I ran the engine for the first time two weeks ago.
Two months ago my laptop was stolen complete with all the photo's I had made up to that point. This is not making the rebuild any easier. I have been fortunate in finding a Series 2 2+2 owner in nearby Maastricht who lets me pick his brains and take photo's when I don't know what to do any more. However, this is the only E-type owner I've found in the region so I'm looking forward to communicating with more through the forum and maybe meeting some.
Any members in the area are always welcome to call here!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Attwood

Welcome to the foum....

Sorry i dont live in your area but your restoration sounds like its coming along nicely, maybe you'll upload some pics if you get a minute??

I did google the Carlton Carrera Convertible but it came back with nothing again if you have an old picture would like to see what it looked like.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Erikantwerp
Belgium

#3 South Netherlands

Post by Erikantwerp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Dave,

My name is Erik and I live actually in the north part of Belgium (just in the countryside outside Antwerp, near the highway to Eindhoven) which is not that far from where you live. I am the proud owner of a carmen red e-type series 1 4.2 FHC which is already a nice driver but which I am slowly bringing up to higher standards every year, partially through a very handy and experienced "hired gun" and partially by myself.

I definitely do not possess the same level of wisdom and experience as most of the guys on this forum but I will be glad to help out whenever possible.

I look forward hearing from you and wish you all the best with the restoration
cheers
Erik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Eric,

Do you have pictures you can upload of your car for us all to see??

Clive

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Erikantwerp
Belgium

#5 Picture of my car

Post by Erikantwerp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Clive,

Please find herewith a first picture of my car in front of the house of the gentleman I bought it from in the UK.

This is a try out and I will try and insert some more pictures.

cheers
Erik[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Erikantwerp
Belgium

#6 picture of my car (bis)

Post by Erikantwerp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Here is another one in front of my house with a smiling happy new owner....

cheers
Erik[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic