OT - Daimler V8

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
christopher storey
Great Britain

#1 OT - Daimler V8

Post by christopher storey » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 am

Having been talking about the perils of disuse on another thread, I have just bought what is very rare but may be something of a challenge - A 2.5 litre Daimler V8, a very late Mark 2 rather than 250 - with manual and overdrive - which has not been used since 1983

If there is anyone here with experience of these, I would value advice as to what to do with the engine , which on the face of it, undismantled, seems in reasonable condition

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:38 am

Can't help with the experience bit but I have been reading 'Cat Out Of The Bag' and Peter Wilson describes fitting the Daimler V8 into the Mk2 at the experimental shop. They all thought is was superb and handled much better than the Jaguar engined car because of the low weight and changed front/rear distribution. Sir William banned the production of the car as he would not tolerate a Daimler engined Jaguar being better than his product. He relented in the end but only on condition the V8 car was marketed as an automatic and insisted the transmission tunnel was modified in such a way no one could subsequently (and economically) convert these cars to manual!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic