The acorn didn't fall far

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
easydebt

#1 The acorn didn't fall far

Post by easydebt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi to all.

I am the proud owner of a '69 S2 coupe, manual, according to available Jaguar codes it's Dark Blue (imaginative name that) with red interior. I've had it nearly 2 years now and love it.

The car is an original RHD UK car, first owner for 8 years in Norfolk, second for 36 years in Wiltshire, then another locally there for 2 years, spent renovating it. The numbers all match up to the Heritage Certificate. So the car hasn't ventured far away from its birthplace in Coventry, no claims to have been "repatriated" (yeesh), it is not a "she", no "full nut'n'bolt restoration" (well it has but pretty much one bolt at a time over 48 years), all mundane stuff.

I have until now just browsed the Forum out of interest, but now I've got some questions to ask - and a tiny bit of info to offer based on experience so far. So I'll post these in the near future, they cover ride height, oil pressure, the 123 electronic ignition system, wheels and tyres, brake servo, aesthetics, that I can think of. Apologies if I'm duplicating anything covered before.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: The acorn didn't fall far

Post by mgcjag » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi..glad you finaly decided to join in....whats your name....add it and the car details in the signature line..saves everyone asking....fire away with the questions
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
easydebt

#3 Re: The acorn didn't fall far

Post by easydebt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome. Name is Alan..... and great to see you hail from the same part of the World, the deathbed of ambition that is Shropshire. I am in fact just up the A49 from you, in the metropolis of Bayston Hill, great roads we have to play with right on our doorstep eh? My favourite quick run on a Sunday morning is down to Marshbrook, cut across to the road from Craven Arms to Lydbury/Bishops Castle, then back home via either the Hope Valley or across Norbury and Pulverbatch.
I have had a go at updating my profile, but i am a bit Computosaurus Rex, we'll see.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

neil4444
Great Britain

#4 Re: The acorn didn't fall far

Post by neil4444 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum. I think all the topics you raised are covered to some length within the forum & you should be able to find them with the search function. Failing that just ask away !

Regards,
Neil
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#5 Re: The acorn didn't fall far

Post by cactusman » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Welcome....if you have questions then do ask....and if you have experiences then do tell...we all learn by experience be it ours or others so all info is good as far as I am concerned...and happy New year too :bigrin:
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

andrewh
Great Britain

#6 Re: The acorn didn't fall far

Post by andrewh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 pm

and another welcome to the forum. I grew up in Shrewsbury and spent the first 23 years of my life living off the Lyth Hill Road, Bayston Hill. There were 2 owners of E type in period in Bayston Hill which fuelled my passion for them. Gordon Ashley with an Opalescent Silver Blue 4.2 FHC ( was treated to 135mph down the Cressage Straight in that back in 1969) and a local photographer John Rea who also had an OSB FHC and then a Primrose series 2 FHC. I was at school with their sons. Never could persuade my Dad to buy one, but did get him into an XJ6 in 1972! One of my oldest school pals has a series 2 Roadster I sourced for him in Old English White and he lives in Shrewsbury itself. I know your road to Marshbrook well, and travelled it many many times. A great part of the world, and of course you will no doubt know that Norman Dewis lives at Church Stretton. Hallowed E type Country Shropshire is you know

edit; I forgot perhaps one of the best Jaguar Collections in the World during he 70s and early 80s resided in Shrewsbury and was owned by Bryan Corser a local solicitor. C, D and XKSS as well as a Briggs Cunningham Lightweight E. Plus 3.8 FHC E and various other Jaguars. I used to go to Prescott behind one of these in what is now my XJ12 ( as a passenger back then 1973) . I stood no chance of escaping Jaguar ownership.
1962 3.8 Series One FHC

http://etype860897.blogspot.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic