Dream Garage

Share your passion for other marques you own, want to own or have known in days past.

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#1 Dream Garage

Post by SEJohnson95 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Can't really comment upon car history but can certainly do a literal post on a "dream garage." This is what the garage at home looks like with my current offering taking up an e type shaped space. (peacefully sitting there on a trickle charger as we speak) A few E-type related bits and bobs, there's a couple of classic motor oil cans for decoration hidden out of sight too. A little man cave complete with electric door. (yes I know the picture has slipped, and it's bothering me too :P ) Trouble is it's not technically my garage, otherwise I'd completely redesign it. (or even better, graduate, move out, and eventually do it my own way, but then I will doubtlessly have a lady dictating what I can/can't do :P ) Nevertheless it's a start...

Absolutely killing for a drive in my car, the walking around campus is good for you but strange when you're used to driving yourself everywhere.
Last edited by SEJohnson95 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final year chemistry student at The University of Birmingham
Chasing a dream, that of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Occasional contributor to the E-Type Club magazine
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - 860927 - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

Post by mgcjag » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:36 am

Hi Simon......dont want to worry u too much whilst your studying but is the garage long enough to fit your E........love all the photos and impressed with how clean and tidy it is....has your mum been in there whilst your away and fitted some curtains........ :all the best....Steve
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

Post by SEJohnson95 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:41 am

mgcjag wrote:Hi Simon......dont want to worry u too much whilst your studying but is the garage long enough to fit your E........love all the photos and impressed with how clean and tidy it is....has your mum been in there whilst your away and fitted some curtains........ :all the best....Steve
Garage is certainly long enough I've measured it before :P no that's how tidy I keep it, I'm a mega organised sort and can't stand mess at all. Mum knows better than to rearrange my garage. The curtain is there so I can have the heater on and keep the heat in whilst I'm in there. Or if dad has the fire burning in the adjoining workshop then it's open :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

Post by mgcjag » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:00 am

Didnt know u students were up this early....its only 10am...all the best ....good things come to those that wait.....Steve
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

iani
Great Britain

Post by iani » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:56 am

Simon, is there any chance you could pop down to Corby next week and sort my garage out for me, you clearly do a better job than I do.

Ian :lol:
1970 S2 2+2 4sp w/OD in BRG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

Post by SEJohnson95 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Perhaps one day Ian :P And I'm not on one of those degree courses where one sits down and does nothing all day, in for a tutorial and then been in labs all afternoon. All going very well at the moment though :) I was up until half 1 Tuesday night doing work so I don't do it at the weekend (I'm off home for the day). I'm willing to put the effort in.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic