BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mark Gordon
United States of America

#2 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by Mark Gordon » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:25 pm

I can't say that I've been a fan of most of the Ferrari stylings, but this one looks awesome! Maybe I like it because it reminds me of an E FHC?
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#3 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by christopher storey » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Like Seriously Useelss Vehicles, cars like this are all coming to look identical - this looks just like an AM Vantage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

H7OB
Great Britain

#4 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by H7OB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Oh to be young, gorgeous and unaccountably wealthy, like those car advert, lifestyle people!

Oh well, will just have to make do with middle aged, big nosed, not very pretty but getting by with a forever nearly finished E Type in the shed!
It could always be a lot worse I suppose!

Ferrari looks nice enough but I haven’t really had a twitch from one since the 512BB if I’m completely honest!
Paul
'68 Series 1.25 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

politeperson
Great Britain

#5 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by politeperson » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Looking at the shape of it and the price, I would say they are after the 911 market.

They could have done a bit better with the name, especially if (like me) you do property management. Its is absolutely the last phone call you want the office to take, usually at 5pm on a Friday before the bank holiday. "The caravans have turned up, they want £2,000 to leave" type thing.

The new 911 is a super prices of kit. Yes I did undulge.

I doubt if Ferrari offer 20,000 mile service intervals though!

Still prefer my E type.

Its true, but Enzo never said it
Too many E types
XK120 SUs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Series1 Stu
Great Britain

#6 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by Series1 Stu » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 pm

I'm not a Ferrari fan and couldn't tell one from another but I really like the look of that. Maybe because it looks like an Aston Martin Vantage and an F Type.

Still, it's unfortunately likely to stay beyond my reach so it doesn't really matter what I think of it.

Regards
Stuart

If you can't make it work, make it complicated!

'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'78 Land Rover Series 3 109

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

#7 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by vee12eman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:57 am

christopher storey wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:27 pm
Like Seriously Useelss Vehicles, cars like this are all coming to look identical
I assume you’re talking about SUVs. I am surprised at you Christopher, I thought you were a reasonable person whose opinions I normally respect. Not this time. My SUV is by far the most useful vehicle I’ve ever owned and I have had a few, of just about every style.
More economic than many of my previous cars, it has towed all three of my classics, usually to pick them up or take for restoration stages, occasionally when they break down, rarely so far I’m happy to say. It towed a poor unfortunate 2WD driver off the perils of damp grass of a car park after a minor shower (a fate which happened to me when I was unfortunately driving a 2WD many years back). It has space to pick up huge loads and the family when they visit and we go to pick them up from the airport, prams, luggage and all. Fantastic for taking our dogs to the beach but want the seats to stay clean. My wife has a smaller version and in her job as a carrier for the elderly, was very popular because she had the most comfortable car with seats at a perfect height for easy access and the load bay was the perfect height for shopping bags for the elderly.
You and I’m sure many others will be surprised that I have taken offence I’m well aware. However, if you level criticism at the chosen vehicle type of the majority of people, don’t be surprised if someone bites back. There’s a reason they are so much much successful than other car styles, which is to do with the fact so many people have realised just how how good this Sensible, Useful Vehicle design is in every day life.
I love almost all cars for some reason or another. There are five in my garage, two every day SUVs, one 1975 VW bay window camper (a ridiculously fun and practical vehicle I would never have chosen - blame my wife) and the current restoration project, a 1950 Austin A50 Coupe utility - my first pick up or ute if you prefer. The most useless car is the E-type, expensive, thirsty, difficult to park, grabs far too much attention and isn’t really all that practical really. Of course I love it.
Please think about what you write in this most friendly of forums, sadly it’s far too easy for your unreasonable prejudice to rub someone up the wrong way. Sorry for the rant and my inability to ignore it this time, but for some reason this has been annoying me all day. :banghead: :seeingstars:
Happy New Year to everyone, to all contributors and especially all moderators. Thanks for making this a great forum. Been here since almost the very beginning, even though I don’t post much these days, all your efforts and guidance are appreciated. :thankyouyellow:

Regards,

Simon
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#8 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by christopher storey » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 am

Simon : Happy new year to you ! if you lived here in the damp but not frozen north, with no space to move , you might have a different view . These hugely inefficient, gigantic ( and lethal ) monstrosities are making our everyday lives an absolute misery , with 39 million vehicles in a land the size of a postage stamp ( we have 400,000 km of road, so we have 100 vehicles per kilometer
)

Chacun a son gout :bigrin:

All the best to everyone for 2020

Christopher Storey

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

#9 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by vee12eman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:21 pm

I’ve visited recently so I know exactly what it’s like there. All my family up there now have SUVs, they don’t have to be massive, my three daughters each have one with no more footprint than an average family car and more economic than the previous (and very ordinary) cars they all drove, in one case, massively more economic. If I ever return, I’ll probably buy one too. The largest ones may be inappropriate for many but the design concept is far superior to most other cars, especially for families IMHO.

Anyway, I realised I was being silly taking offence so I’m going to shut up. Each to their own, but try to think about what people will think before plunging in with two left feet.
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Series1 Stu
Great Britain

#10 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by Series1 Stu » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 am

The problem with SUV's, in my opinion, is they mostly have dreadful all round visibility. Which is probably why most Range Rovers nearly take my front end off when pulling in after overtaking me. That is, if they bother to move out of the middle lane.

Regards
Stuart

If you can't make it work, make it complicated!

'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'78 Land Rover Series 3 109

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#11 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by malcolm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:00 am

Great in the ice and mud I'm sure, but most seem to be used by mums driving their kids 100 yards to school, and parking wherever they feel like.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
ralphr1780
Belgium

#12 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by ralphr1780 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:58 pm

James, I have been driving Porsche since 35 years, but I believe that a 911 still looks like a 911. While I do consider it to be a great car, I don't find it fine looking. Porsche seems to remain trapped with this rear engined model shape, only to satisfy their customer base refusing any consideration for a smarter looking front engined model, cf 924/928 history.
The new F-type has great styling and performance for half the budget of the Roma or Vantage, but misses on few aspects such as interior and Hi-tech.
Just IMHO...
Ralph
'69 OTS + '62 OTS - Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#13 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by christopher storey » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Knowing that there is more than one Australian interest on this particular thread, I feel sure that we all join in sending you our best wishes for early relief from the awful fires affecting nearly all the states . It is a truly terrifying situation and we can only hope that some rain will bring relief

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkRado
Austria

#14 Re: Talking about temptations

Post by MarkRado » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Looking at all Ferraris, my favourite still is the 250GT lusso and still the only one I'd buy, if I could afford it. Regarding SUVs, if you are looking for the most versatile car, go for a VW Bus (or similar) with AWD - not beautiful either :bigrin:
Mark
1963 OTS 880436

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic