Spotted on YouTube

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#1 Spotted on YouTube

Post by chrisfell » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Isn't the internet wonderful.
Not for the first time, my car has found its own way onto the interweb.

We had a visit today from my partner's son. A member of today's yoof, he is into all things internet and motorcar, and happened to mention a video he'd seen that featured lots of supercars which he said were from Wilton. "That's round 'ere, init?" (Apparently the word 'init' implies an interogative statement.)

Yes, I replied, Wilton is very close.

So the video is played and I instanty recognised the presenter.

Last Sunday, while the rest of you were chatting in Bicester, some young oik (the same presenter) was walking around my neighbour's gaff with a hand held camcorder, talking about all the high value cars that had turned up for the first Wilton Wakeup of the season. We noticed him with his baseball hat and sunglasses as we were walking around the massed ranks of supercars and hypercars and classics, talking to the end of him arm. He posted the results on YouTube. And, there at the start of his video on YouTube as he walked around the visitors carpark loooking at all the interesting cars that had turned up, is my little E (1:25). And does he notice it, one of only two E-Types out of the thousands of other cars that were there? Did he recognise the most important car ever to be designed in Britain. Did he see an example of the car the Enzo Ferrari himself described as the most beautiful car ever made?

DID HE FECKING HECK AS LIKE!

He walked straight past it and recorded footage of some chap looking to park his Healey.

Hrrrmph!

Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links