EDIS system

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
mach2andy
Great Britain

#1 EDIS system

Post by mach2andy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 am

I like the idea of the above because of it's lack of moving parts and the fact that it seems to offer very stable idling and running. I have looked at the webcon Alpha system, but the more I look, the more I come to the conclusion that it gets away from what I like about the EDIS system. It's simplicity. Is it really necessary to have three different sensors - air & water temp and manifold press to achieve smooth stable running? I also find it a little strange that webcon almost seem to distance themselves from any of the readily available ECU's, and will not even offer one as part of a package? One of their reps wrote to me.....

"but to be honest we have no experience of any of them so cannot advise which would be better, and sorry, we no longer supply ECUs so will be unable to help directly with that"

which I found a bit strange as the ECU is at the heart of the system? I can understand them not having the necessary permission to sell other manufacturers products, but to say you have no experience with either the Omex, Emerald or Megajolt ECU's I found a bit odd??

Anyway, there will be someone much more versed in this than me, and if someone has very recently fitted an EDIS system it would be interesting to hear your experience?

ATB
Andy
Andy
1970 S2 FHC
1965 SB Corvette Ragtop

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#2 Re: EDIS system

Post by Barry » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Andy
If you go to the UPGRADES section, you will find just about everything you need to know about the Edis Megajolt system. I once had this system fitted on a Series 2 FHC, with much help from a member of the forum. It worked really well, but one aspect I learnt the hard way was you need a minimum of 12 volts, otherwise the system shuts down. At one time my feed dropped to 11 volts and I was stranded in the middle of a trunk road roundabout! The fault was down to an earthing problem. However, my next E was a Series 1 3.8, and I fitted a 123 electronic and programmable distributor. One failure was down to a faulty unit.....so, on balance, the Edis is probably the way to go. Take advantage of the forum help.

Best
Barry

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic