Another one bites the dust

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#1 Another one bites the dust

Post by chrisfell » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:53 am

It must be a combination of getting old, becoming less active, and the current price of E-Types that has led to yet another long time E-Type owner to hand the keys over to another. The latest was an Eagle enhanced car (not one of their 'builds'), which went back to Eagle and has since been sold to a new owner. Someone has bought a certified mileage car with go faster and stop faster add-ons. They've probably paid a handsome price for the car.

When I next chat to the previous owner, I'll ask him for the low down on his reasons.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#2 Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by Barry » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

It wasn’t my red 1962 S1 FHC by any chance. Reg no 801 DBU?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#3 Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by chrisfell » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Nope, this was a '67 car.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mystery type
Great Britain

#4 Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by mystery type » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Surely that's a good thing Chris, it keeps new blood coming in, and gives others the chance to try E type ownership. Before prices went mad, cars would have changed hands much more frequently giving others a chance to own the car of their dreams.
Paul 1967 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#5 Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by chrisfell » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm

It is a good thing that the car now has a new owner, possibly more enthusiastic than the previous. However, I somehow doubt that the new owner will be willing to take part in two week long continental tours, week long trips around Blighty, or a day of thrashing around Goodwood as the previous owner did, certainly not after paying somewhere north of £250k for the car. I expect it will see the odd Sunday bimble and maybe a local show or two, unless it has been bought by an investor never to see the light of day until presented for auction in five years time.

Call me cynical if you like. I worry that prices have reached past the stratosphere and into stupidity. £500k for an E-Type that isn’t matching numbers or a significant very early car? Hmmmmmm!
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#6 Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by Barry » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Wow, that would be good for my pension!! That’s wouldn’t be good news really, as my wife would order me to sell mine bloody quick. Problem is, and I’m sure I’m not alone, I use the pension word to justify the purchase!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic