Advice for a UK car registration

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Desmo
Great Britain

#1 Advice for a UK car registration

Post by Desmo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:22 am

Hello,

I need an advice and hope that you can help me in this. Some years ago I bought a classic car (not a Jaguar) from a well known dealer here in germany. This car was since 1960 and till I bought it always registered in Italy by his privat owner there. Because of personal circumstances I must sell the car now and there is a very interested gentlemen from the United Kingdom. He have checked all the original vehicle, export/cancellation documents and also the purchase document between the dealer and me. All these documents all fine and will present no problem for a future registration in the UK. After his contact with the approval authority in the United Kingdom, this gentlemen comes back to me with the following please. For the car registration in the UK he need in addition the document which shows, that the german dealer bought this car from the last italian owner. This because in the italian car and export/cancellation documents the name of the last privat owner is listed and not the name of the dealer. Without this document a purchase can not proceed. I have contacted the german dealer in this point now and waiting for his information.

Can you give me an advice how I could help if perhaps there will be no possibility to receive this document? This would be lovely and a great help. Thank you.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#2 Re: Advice for a UK car registration

Post by JerryL770 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 pm

PM sent.

In my PM I suggested contacting Michael Worthington-Williams or the E-type Club.

Rather than the E-type club (which may be able to help - I don't know) certain clubs are authorised by the DVLA to process applications for registrations. In that case, the Jaguar Owners Club (JEC) may be more appropriate.

Jerry
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

V12 Epyte
Great Britain

#3 Re: Advice for a UK car registration

Post by V12 Epyte » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 pm

This gent had a stand and was offering his services at the recent London Classic Car Show

http://www.importedvehicleregistration.co.uk/

John
1971 Series 3 FHC 2+2 RHD Manual
1971 Series 3 Roadster 2+2 RHD Manual
1986 Rover SD1 Vitesse Twin Plenum

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#4 Re: Advice for a UK car registration

Post by JerryL770 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:29 pm

John,
Sorry, I should have read your post more carefully. Your car is not a Jaguar so the JEC will be no help.

However, I do not see why you have this problem, unless this car was originally registered in the UK and it is desired to recover the original registration. DVLA will not allow this unless you have original documentation which links the registration number to the car chassis number. This may be an original sales document or UK MoT test certificate. Then it may be that the DVLA requires a firm paper trail from those original documents to the present ownership/vehicle ID.

If you are not seeking to recover an original UK registration number, you should not need any document trail. What will be needed to obtain a V5c registration document and registration number is the following:
  • The car in the UK in running order with a UK MoT (Ministry of Transport) test certificate,
  • A Dating Certificate - usually obtainable through the Club associated with the vehicle,
  • Form V55/5 from DVLA - obtainable only by mail,
  • Proof of identity of the owner
Submit this to the DVLA. They may ask to inspect the vehicle - unlikely.

I recently obtained an age related registration number and vehicle registration document for a 1960 motor cycle which had been off the road since 1974. I had no documentation at all and was not required to provide more than that listed above.

I hope this is better help.
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic