Stoneleigh 2018

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
stevenm
Great Britain

#1 Stoneleigh 2018

Post by stevenm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Well despite the weather's best efforts to stop me going to Stoneleigh for the very first time , the snow really hit us hard again down south, I managed to arrive when the doors opened at 10am.
I joined the queue of eager buyers waiting to find that elusive part and a bargain to boot. The weather might have had an impact in the amount of people attending but there were still lots of people browsing all of the many stalls that were displaying their wares to us eager buyers.
Some of the prices being asked were eye watering to say the very least !!!! I was hoping to find an original Vintage Jaguar key ring and although the one that I went specifically to look at was, in my opinion over priced along with many other items on that particular stall but I did come away with a couple of very nice vintage jaguar key rings that were very reasonably priced from another sellers stall so I was very happy with those. I also bought an early 60s e type sales brochure signed by the great man himself, Norman Dewis, that will add a nice touch to my 62 roadster literature pack.
Even though I did not buy as much as i would have liked I had a thoroughly enjoyable day and met some very interesting and knowledgeable people. A great day out despite the weather.
Did anyone else go and if so did you spot any bargains?

Steve

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#2 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by cactusman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 pm

The halls were like the arctic...the crowds were thinner than usual. Some prices were...let's say optimistic but there were also some bargains...got me an original brake master...unused...tatty box but A1 condition...£95....anyone know what the red Series 1 fhc went for...said sold in the windscreen? Best bit were the bacon and sausage butties....and bumped into Mgcjag too...hope you got back home safe.... :bigrin: :bigrin:
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by mgcjag » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Julian..great to meet up with you....yes got back ok....and the good news i still had my wallet full of cash...just went to meet a few a mates.....unfortunatly found no bargains...that might have been down to a cold numb brain... :bigrin: Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
stevenm
Great Britain

#4 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by stevenm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 pm

The red e type was previously owned by myself and it was the guy I sold it to who was selling it there at Stoneleigh this weekend. I spoke to the owner today and he told me that he sold it for £74,000.
The strange thing is that it went through Barons auction on the 27th of February this year and failed to reach its reserve price which was a lot lower than it sold for today!!! 🤥 I suppose it depends on who is there on the day looking for a particular car.

Steve
1962 3.8 series 1 OTS old English white/red interior

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tim wood
Great Britain

#5 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by tim wood » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I must admit I came away slightly disappointed. Picked up my preordered dash panels from Hutsons but that was all. I noticed that some of the regulars were not pricing goods which always makes me wary.
I intended to pick up much more but it just didn’t happen. I guess internet buying has reached our marketplace, much easier to sit in the warm, order stuff and have it delivered rather than brave the absolute freezing cold.
The entrance fee seems to have settled at a tenner, I wonder how much they charge to exhibit. Possibly that also affects some sellers.

Did catch up with a couple of gents though. Let’s face it I wouldn’t have spent much time in the garage today anyway.
Series 1 FHC purchased 40 years ago. Courted my wife in it.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

1954Etype
Great Britain

#6 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by 1954Etype » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Steve, was the red FHC that we discussed at length a short time ago?
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
stevenm
Great Britain

#7 Re: Stoneleigh 2018

Post by stevenm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:24 pm