Royal Jaguar?

Talk about E-Types here

Series1 Stu
Great Britain

#21 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by Series1 Stu » Mon May 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Yes, I agree. But like it or not it's the future.

Funny, we all thought diesel was the future......
Stuart

If you can't make it work, make it complicated!

'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'78 Land Rover Series 3 109

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ralphr1780
Belgium

#22 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by ralphr1780 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Well the clear fact, since the conversion to electric is so easily achieved and could be reversed, is that the E type was a car designed from the start for the future.
Not many cars of the same era can claim this. :bouncyyellow:
Ralph
'69 OTS + '62 OTS - Belgium

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#23 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by Barry » Mon May 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Ummmm, Chrisfell, mpg with a 6.0 litre fuel injected V12. Just like mine........and I get 22 on a run, and an average of 18mpg driving locally! Guess what, 7mpg on a track day! Back to the post, well done JLR for getting the Royal couple to take the Zero.....er E-type. Stunning car, and a nod to the future whatever we all may think. I think i prefer a sodding V12, but each to his own!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nick V12 e type
Great Britain

#24 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by Nick V12 e type » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm

I have driven 35,000 over the last 18 months in my Tesla. Lots of motorway miles at normal speeds, a good rule of thumb is expect to achieve around 3 miles of range to each kw used. 1/2 an hour at a Tesla Supercharger will add around 150 miles to the battery. My car weighs 2,150 kg. I plug in at home most evenings and leave the house with 200 miles range and top up if required.

If you enjoy driving you will really enjoy the performance available at all speeds instantly, last weekend while my car was in for a service my loaner was a high performance Tesla, stunning performance 0 - 60 in around 3 seconds.

I look forward to my e type V12 been road worthy and the journey to get there ( slow progress to date ) however for a day to day car I do not wish to return to fossil fuel.

As for Royal Weddings it is clear that e types are the go to car irrespective of the power source.

Congratulations to Harry and Megan, and thank you for a wonderful wedding.
e type series 3 V12 2+2 1972, BMW iX 2023

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnben
Great Britain

#25 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by johnben » Wed May 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Claimed 150 mph for the Zero, now where have I heard that before?

John

S1 2 + 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#26 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by JJC » Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 pm

With that electric motor, low rear end numbers, with a suspension rebuilt and tuned by the factory experts, I have no doubt that car could do 150+ on a proper test track. But its simply an engineering exercise, so it makes no matter. I say "Bravo" to the Jag factory for building it, and loaning it out to Harry for the happy event.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ands59
Great Britain

#27 Re: Royal Jag

Post by ands59 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Electric cars do not have the desire of that beautiful engine note we so love on our E Type
I have owned an early Nissan Leaf (wife really) and it certainly won her over as the best car she has EVER had especially on cold winter mornings steeping into a warm car with her favourite music on as soon as she entered the vehicle.
I must admit £4 a week to charge and burn off any BMW Boy racer at the traffic lights was an appeal to me
They are here to stay and once distance is realistically over 200 miles will pose a major threat to oil based vehicles and to take at least 20% of new car sales is not unrealistic over the next 5 to 10 years - only problem is how government will claw back lost tax on fuel sales.
We will all suffer on that one!!
Key message is to enjoy our gas burners to the max every day possible
ANDS59

1964 Series 1 E Type Roadster
1970 TR6

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#28 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by JJC » Thu May 24, 2018 5:15 am

Your local utility company will pass along the cost of taxes to you in the form of your monthly bill. The cost of whatever they are burning to produce energy, plus the taxes on energy source, just as we do now at the local pump. Its a wash...no such thing as a free lunch. Electric, and petro power, will play out for years to come. Both have their place. Love the E...nothing like it. Ever drive twin engine Tesla ?? You will wet your pants !!
Enjoy both I say !! Just like Prince Harry !

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mikey1
Great Britain

#29 Re: Royal Jaguar?

Post by mikey1 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Does anyone else think the fit of the chrome window frame to the A-post is poor? I have been struggling with this on my restoration but have got it better than the pictures would suggest,

Mike Williamson
Mike Williamson, series 2 ots,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic