Cost of respraying a new S1 2+2 bonnet

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Chris S
Great Britain

#1 Cost of respraying a new S1 2+2 bonnet

Post by Chris S » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi all,

does anyone have an idea as to what it should cost to spray a new, bare metal (although with whatever the delivery protective coating is) Heritage bonnet and partial sills where some work was done to fit the bonnet + blending it into the car body paintwork ? I know there is talk about full body paint costs on this forum but i can't find anything about partial resprays.

Clearly there is less prep to do as it is bare metal but the protective layer will need removing.

And then does anyone have any recommended workshops in midlands / north of England who could do it ?

All help appreciated ! Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: Cost of respraying a new S1 2+2 bonnet

Post by christopher storey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am

It is the paint which can be expensive, particularly in metallics . At a guess, I would say about £750 to £ 1,000 for paint , and perhaps £2,000 to £2,500 for the work,plus VAT, so in total I expect about £ 3,500 to £ 4,500 all in . These are very much a guess and may be well out of date . I suggest you speak to Alan Proctor in Worksop and to Andy Rayner at Hutsons in Bradford to get some idea from the horse's mouth

Edit : I hope Alan Proctor is still in business - he was very well thought of indeed in JEC circles, but I see that a net search suggests the business is closed .... oh dear

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic