Restoration story

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Robbiee

#1 Restoration story

Post by Robbiee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 am

Hi chaps
Can someone guide me as to the best way to start a restoration story, to be ongoing, with lots of pictures??
Regards
Robbie
PS It’s a very original British March 62 RHD OTS found in a garage in Holland. It has its original engine and gearbox
It’ll be ODG with a Tan interior
I’m keeping it to original spec
Robbie 1962 3.8 Coupe OSG 1962 OTS ODG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Restoration story

Post by Gfhug » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am

Robbiee, you'll see lots of different presentations of rebuilds in the restoration section. Each one reflects the owners ability both in technical skills and erudition in writing skills. Maybe you must think of how well you would keep it going one, two, three, four years down the line as the progress goes?
It is a bit like asking whether you should write like Shakespeare or Dickens....

Also look at Chris Rooke's book and Chris Vine's website. They have both been very helpful to many of us doing our work, whether rebuild or simpler tasks. They can give you ideas of how to present your work.

Whatever you try, we will appreciate seeing the progress as it goes.

Good luck with both the work, that's the important task, and reporting it to a willing audience.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

andrewh
Great Britain

#3 Re: Restoration story

Post by andrewh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 am

hi Robbie, you can see on the restoration thread a number of archives, mine being 860897. I recall you finding the car in Holland, can you post up some photos of it when you found it, sounds an interesting car.. What was the chassis number again?
1962 3.8 Series One FHC

http://etype860897.blogspot.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic