Electric E-type from Jaguar

Talk about E-Types here

288gto
Russia

#21 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by 288gto » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:38 pm

I often wonder if Jaguar couldn’t get round this road legal issue by offering the cars as a Jaguar “kit” that customers assemble themselves. For instance a Jaguar rolling shell and a Jaguar engine that you drop in yourself and then register it as a “Jaguar” kit build. All the receipts would be from Jaguar.

One for you Steve? :scratchheadyellow:

Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#22 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by mgcjag » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi Simon......there are lots of catagories for registering with the dvla...if you build a kit built car with all new parts supplied by the manufacturer then you can get a current registration https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... t-vehicles you can build a Kit converted vehicle (what im doing) it has a kit of new parts added to an existing vehicle, or old parts added to a new kit... your completed vehicle is classed as new built in 2018(if done this year) but will get an age related number plate as the doner car....have a look here it gives all the different registration options https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration ... d-vehicles Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#23 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by JJC » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 pm

You do ?? Wow . Don't think so. Jaguar is no longer in the poorly thought out car business.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnben
Great Britain

#24 Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by johnben » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:03 am

I suppose it's all good news, it has probably increased the value of and future proofed our cars, with technology moving at an ever increasing pace how long will it be before classic cars are prohibited from motorways? At least we now may have the opportunity in the future not only to sell our cars on to be electrified but also to upgrade the engine and insert the technology required to drive on 'smart' motorways.

John
1967 Series 1 2+ 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#25 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by malcolm » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:23 am

JJC wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:58 am
Park for hours ? Not at all. And for total convenience, plug her in, any where, while you sleep. Great stuff ! The most beautiful car ever built has been brought into the 21st century . Brave Jaguar / TaTa !!
Only providing you don't plan on driving more than 170 miles in one go, after which you need a 5-7 hour charge. Not great for continental touring.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#26 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by JJC » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 am

Where did you get the full charge range? The charging time needed? Where are they available ? Perhaps those are the numbers for now. But just like Tesla, they will improve dramatically as the car and power unit are developed. Or should all progress be stopped ? Don't think so. I think the modernization of the worlds most beautiful car is fantastic ! Bravo Jaguar ? TaTa !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#27 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by malcolm » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am

The figures were published in the papers, released by Jaguar. 170-200 mile range, 5 to 7 hour charge time.
By the way, I don't dislike the car, or the concept, just pointing out that at the moment it has it's limitations. And I wouldn't spend £350,000 on it.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#28 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by Heuer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Just been reading that these 'continuation' cars can be road registered in certain countries who have less stringent noise and emission regulations than the EU or USA. No idea which countries they are but Porsche do and will advise the eventual purchaser of their Project Gold 993, if asked. Presumably once it is road registered it can then be driven anywhere in the world. Note though the 993 was fitted with a catalytic converter which might make it easier to register than a D-Type.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Herzeg
Great Britain

#29 Re: Electric E-type from Jaguar

Post by Herzeg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm

One thing no-one is considering in this debate is the ability of the power grid to supply. I read an article last year that said most american suburban streets only have the capacity to cope with at most 30-35% of houses having electric cars being charged every night alongside the normal energy demand. Assuming the UK has similar issues, and we have an acknowledged power generation problem on the horizon, can we actually power all these wonderful eco machines?

John
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic