New CMC web site

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#1 New CMC web site

Post by Heuer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 pm

CMC have just launched their new web site: http://www.classic-motor-cars.co.uk/index.html Well worth a visit to see what they have on offer in upgrades and car sales. Nice to see they are now making their own S1 hardtop as previous attempts by others have been less than successful!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

The blurb from CMC and some pictures of the hardtop:

These hard tops are an exact copy of the original factory unit and include all original chrome mouldings, rear screen and interior trim, all you have to do is paint the exterior in the colour of your choice.

Original hard tops are getting very difficult to find and when they do come along most are missing various chrome parts and the fibre glass is usually damaged and cracked not to mention the condition of the interior trim and perspex rear screen. By the time you have purchased the second hand hard top and then rechromed and replaced all the necessary items it can easily add up to ?3000.00 plus.

Our hard top is manufactured in fibre glass and is double skinned as the original, all trim materials are as original Jaguar, special headlining car be supplied on request. All chrome mouldings are made in brass as original and then nickel and chrome plated. Perspex screen is new as is the screen seal, hard top is also supplied with cant rail seals.

For those of you that have an original hard top we can supply any of the hard top parts separately from the bare fibre glass moulding to individual chrome parts, please enquire.

Hard top complete and ready for fitting and painting ?2500.00 plus VAT.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Heuer on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkE
Great Britain

Post by MarkE » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm

I really like the look of the hardtop on the S1...it may have something to do with my red-with-a-black-top Corgi (or was it Dinky?) toy all those years ago! But I do think that it's one of the few convertible cars that have their looks enhanced by the hard top, especially when it's painted body colour.

The website is a great improvement, but I still think that they are being way too conservative. They have a great story to tell with their detailed and thorough approach to restoration and even maintenance. I'm sure that a more complete description of their approach, the challenges and supported with a load of photographs for the historically significant cars would start to convey the message that they are one of the world's premier restoration shops for Jaguars.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Dinky actually:

I agree with you over the web site - they could do with something more dynamic (check out the Eagle web site for example) to tell a better story with more professional photos rather than the home done jobs. They could also have made good use of a spell checker and correct grammar in some of the text!

C'mon Mr Neumark spend a few more pounds on a really good photographer - surprise and delight us! Oh and get a proper copywriter to sort out that text.
:photman:
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkE
Great Britain

Post by MarkE » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 pm

No, that didn't look right so I've been hunting...and here she is. As a discerning 5 year old, I always prefered Corgi!! I seem to remember that the Dinky had painted-in cast lights, where the Corgi had proper glass (plastic) ones.

It also came in black with a red roof. Damn, I'm going to have to have a play on eBay now.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

Post by christopher storey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 am

Well, I looked at the site , and it seemed perfectly alright to me. I couldn't detect a single spelling error nor any problems with grammar or syntax! Mind you, I didn't look at all the links that there are

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Hmm - the typos I found seem to have been corrected (they were in the Hardtop description above and I corrected them before posting). There was also a long sentence somewhere with a lot of 'and' in it, but no matter. I am a great fan of CMC, they are hugely knowledgeable and very friendly. They also are great supporters of The E-Type Club so they can do little wrong in my book.

Actually as I have been exploring the site the more I am getting used to it and it is a big step up from the last one. Still think they need to invest in a better camera, lights and tripod - good pictures convey so much. Without wanting to harp on about it check out Eagle - you can almost reach out and touch the cars!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic