SNG Barratt User Group

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#81 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Heuer » Fri May 31, 2019 11:00 pm

As Steve has already said, Julian was taking notes and promised to report back here in due course. He gave up a day with his family to host the meeting and he intended to spend the rest of half term with them. No doubt he will report back next week when he is back at work.

I will ask him if he can provide pdf copy of the presentation slides as well so all Members can review them.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#82 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 am

Huge thanks to everyone who attended this event last week, it was a real pleasure to host you all and we appreciated the feedback. You guys certainly have your finger on the pulse and we have a long list of what to work on moving forwards.
As i discussed with a few participants at the end of the day, i will put together a list of a few of the specific points we discussed and some of our proposed actions during the course of this week and get this loaded onto the forum for feedback. I note there is a Sovy bottle thread elsewhere on the forum - my recollection of this is that the spec was changed some years ago to help reduce the possibility of any failures - but my colleague Paul is looking into this as i write.
Many thanks again to those who took the time to come over and i will report back in due course...
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rswaffie
Great Britain

#83 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by rswaffie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Julian,
If would be of any help, I can send you mine that split recently?
Richard

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

:swerve: :wrench: :hammer: :fingerscrossed:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#84 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:19 am

Richard - if you can DM me with your details (full name/postcode and when you purchased) that would be great and we can see if this would be useful. many thanks
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

leshalls
United States of America

#85 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by leshalls » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:14 pm

FWIW, I've been working with Tony Lee in the US on a few product issues. It's certainly been beneficial to me and I believe it has been for SNG. Sounds like this current effort is target at the UK market?
Les Halls....'68 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#86 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Barry » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 pm

I think you will find that it is for all SNGB customers. Julian said that all parts for the US were shipped out, I think, 3 times a week in large pallets. So any improvements will surely be the same across the pond. That has to be good news.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#87 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Barry is correct, the products in the UK all mirror those in the USA so any changes would affect both sites (as well as those in Holland and France).
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#88 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Many thanks again for those who took the time to come and see us and share their views a couple of weeks ago. I think it is safe to say that everyone who took part from the SNG Barratt side gained hugely from the experience and knowledge of the Forum insiders and to follow are a few of the key take-aways that I will be taking away from the day and working on during the months to come.

1. Give customers more feedback on issues that have been resolved/addressed. There was a feeling that issues can drop into a black hole of no feedback even when they may have been resolved or addressed from our side.
2. Website – make the website more informative by giving a bit more information about each product, specifically in relation to what brand the part is or its technical specification and how one standard of a part night differ from a different standard of the same part. For example is something is described as “uprated” – what makes it uprated. Some example (non Jaguar) websites were given as good examples here.
3. Use the forum know-how and participant more in terms of fit-and-function testing of (non safety critical) products.
4. A number of product specific issues were also raised that are a little more commercially sensitive, many of which we were already aware of and working on. Examples are oil pressure senders that work better than currently available, spinners and horn push decoration amongst others.
5. Develop a closed customer feedback portal. As explained in point 4 above - for us it is not always possible to share all information via this forum as there can be commercially sensitive areas that we don’t want to share in an open forum. The idea was mooted to have a closed portal/forum for customers to feedback issues or ideas that we can discuss without interfering with the commercial element from our side. I am discussing with my IT people how we might do this.
6. Be clearer on who the contact points are at SNG Barratt when issues are found or ideas are raised.
7. A few general website functionality issues that we will address over the coming months.
8. Make more unchromed products available – in particular bumpers and overriders, so that customers can fit them to the car before chroming. We do already offer some of these but we will make them more easily accessible and available....

If there was anything crucial that was discussed that i have missed out on here, please do drop me a line and i will add to the list.

I might try and get up to the Sunday scramble this weekend if anyone is going...
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#89 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by mgcjag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Great feedback Julian......Thats quite a bit for you to tackle......however what you have identified will be great for your business and customers........Much appreciated....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Polse7317
France

#90 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Polse7317 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Julian and "users SNG parts" members. I want to inform you about an issue with a part from SNG : i bought theese new rubber silent blocks fitted on the rear axle arms and you can see on the photo Under what it happens after 3000 KM only….!

The rubber is almost completely teared to pieces…!
I hope it's only mine but may be you can check the part batch …
Yves, happy XKE 63 fhc , w113 280sl owner
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....! :scratchheadyellow: and now have found a fhc xk 140 :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Series1 Stu
Great Britain

#91 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Series1 Stu » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:38 pm

This is a well known problem. The reproduction parts are renowned for tearing themselves apart in no time.

The original Metalastic bushes seem to be the only ones that hold together.

Regards
Stuart

If you can't make it work, make it complicated!

'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'78 Land Rover Series 3 109

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rswaffie
Great Britain

#92 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by rswaffie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:57 pm

That’s worrying - I used 2 of those in my rear suspension rebuild.
Richard

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

:swerve: :wrench: :hammer: :fingerscrossed:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

angelw
Australia

#93 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by angelw » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Richard Wrote:
That’s worrying - I used 2 of those in my rear suspension rebuild.
Hello Richard,
It would depend on which Bushes you purchased; there are three Rubber Based units on offer by SNG Barratt, plus a Polyurethane version.

1. Product Code: MHC3170AA - Part Type: Standard - (Highest Price)

2. Product Code: MHC3170AA# - Part Type: OE (Original Equipment) - (Slightly less in price and Recommended by SNG Barratt)

and

3. Product Code: MHC3170AA* - Part Type: Aftermarket Reproduction - (Cheapest)

Regards,

Bill

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#94 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 am

Hi Yves,
We will drop you a line shortly to work out which bush you had from us and look into the issue for you.
Bill is correct about the different versions that we offer and we also do some radius arms complete with bushes already fitted as well as some harder, race spec versions.
Its not correct to say this is a well known issue, however. Maybe 15 years ago there were rubber bushes on the market that were delaminating like this but these radius arm bushes are fitted to a huge range of Jaguar models (all the IRS cars from E-type to the end of XJ S3/XJS) and we would stand behind all the versions that we offer.
Of course there are a number of factors that can affect the life of a rubber bush or put more strain on than expected - we actually use the polyeurethane versions on 50EE which have lasted very well since restoration in 2010 and have had a hard life.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Polse7317
France

#95 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Polse7317 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:45 am

Tank you Julian. I am looking for 2 new parts on my side… my post was made only for warning , not to badmouth...
Yves, happy XKE 63 fhc , w113 280sl owner
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....! :scratchheadyellow: and now have found a fhc xk 140 :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#96 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:48 am

Understood and appreciated, thanks Yves. I have sent you a DM so look forward to hearing back from you.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ysmalkie
Poland

#97 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by ysmalkie » Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi Julian,

Do you have any more info on the fan belts for the 3.8 S1 engine?

Apparently yours are very short...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13910&p=130458#p130458

Tadek
Tadek

e-type S1 3.8 FHC - in restoration phase...
Jaguar XK120 OTS
Austin-Healey 100 BN2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#98 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 am

Hi Tadek,
Yes, i am aware of the thread on the fan belts.

In my expereince, fan belts can be somewhat tricky - i remember some years back we had an issue with the 4.2 Series 1 version where a very well respected journalist with one of the main magazines was adamant that they didnt fit, but our technicians were happy that they fitted perfectly on our own cars.

We will take a look into the current issue next week and report back - there are a number of suppliers for these belts so we will check all that we know of an advise.

All the best
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#99 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 am

Quick update on the above post.

Honest answer is that we dont currently have easy access 3.8 car that we can try the 3.8 belt on, hence the delay.
However, we will be able to over this weekend so its going to be early next week when we can advise further.

In terms of measurements, what we have in stock corresponds to the specifications we have.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ysmalkie
Poland

#100 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by ysmalkie » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Julian,

I have a 3.8 engine on a test stand:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15941#p130679

Send it, I will be happy to test it.

Regards,

Tadek
Tadek

e-type S1 3.8 FHC - in restoration phase...
Jaguar XK120 OTS
Austin-Healey 100 BN2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic