High Peak Run 2019

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#1 High Peak Run 2019

Post by SEJohnson95 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Posting here because nobody ever seems to look at the "Meet and Greet" section, and Angus got away with his post here too :wink: :wink:

This year's High Peak Run - Sunday 4th August - sees us starting at the Grouse and Claret, just off the A6 in Rowsley, near Chatsworth (DE4 2EB). Please arrive at 10:30 for an 11:30 start. Bacon cobs and hot drinks will be available.

A few details are still to be finalised, but I can guarantee there'll be a ca. 70 mile route, plenty of interesting roads and things to see in the Peak District, and a nice lunch at the other end.

We usually have a fabulous day out and if the weather holds, we get a good turnout. Last year in glorious sunshine, we had 17 E-Types congregated on the start line at Hassop Station.

The event is open to all E-Type owners, so please leave a list on here with numbers if you would like to come along. We get a mix of E-Type Club members, non-members and customers of our local restorer (Paul Brown). The odd other classic jag makes an appearance along the way too.

Unless otherwise indicated, I'll assume you'll be up for lunch at the end as well. please PM me if you have any dietary requirements, etc.

A couple of photos from previous runs:

Starting the list off:

Richard Eaton and Simon Johnson (S1 3.8 FHC)
Simon Johnson
Postgraduate Synthetic Chemist at The University of Bristol
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Occasional contributor to the E-Type Club magazine
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - 860927 - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links