S1, S2 & S3 Front Dimensions - Outer Threaded Hub to Outer Threaded Hub

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
E-TypeManCave
Great Britain

#1 S1, S2 & S3 Front Dimensions - Outer Threaded Hub to Outer Threaded Hub

Post by E-TypeManCave » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi all..
Can someone give me the exact Front Dimensions - Outer threaded hub to Outer threaded hub. All I can find online on various links is the track width (tread to tread) for S1 being = 1270mm (50") and S3 = 1384mm (54.5").. but these I believe would only be measurements between the centre of the opposing front tyre treads.

What I need is the exact dimension (measurement) between the FRONT outer edges of the two opposing threaded splined hubs in situ.. reason I need to know this, is that I am making a number of Jaguar E-Type Bonnet Desks (S1, S2 & S3) complete with all the fittings.. Working Headlamps, Bumpers, Over riders, Grilles / Grille Bar Motive, Front Indiactors & fitting Chrome Wire Wheels with tyres, Knock off eared spinners.. replacing the usual front axle & hubs with a single steel tube connecting both front wheels to it with a kee clamp base behind each wheel and getting the tube threaded each end to suit the eared knock off spinners to retain the wheels in place (left & right).

I am also looking to source all the above parts, Bonnets in either Bare / Painted Metal or Fibreglass (no basket cases or Bonnets requiring too much work) Only good or easily repairable Bonnets.. Plus all the Chrome fittings.. for bonnets ONLY. Such as Front Lamps, Bowls, Bumpers, Over Riders, Indicator Lamps, Knock Off eared Wheel Spinners.. NO dented, rusted or scratched Chrome work required. I do not need any Wheels or Tyres at present (already have 40+ of them).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: S1, S2 & S3 Front Dimensions - Outer Threaded Hub to Outer Threaded Hub

Post by mgcjag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Someone may know but cant think where that info is....best i can think of is look up overall width.....outside of spinners......then deduct the bottom of inner thread to outside face of spinner x 2
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic