Breakfast Meeting - Sunday 1st September

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#1 Breakfast Meeting - Sunday 1st September

Post by SEJohnson95 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:21 pm

In the words of Richard ('s email):

Following on from a most enjoyable day out on our High Peak Run, we have decided to hold another small event this year; our intention is to have a breakfast meeting in the beautiful village of Tissington, Derbyshire on Sunday 1st September.

This will be an informal gathering outside Herbert's tearooms in Tissington, aiming to arrive around 10am, ready for the teashop opening at 10:30, whereupon we can purchase breakfast, cakes or drinks as we wish:

Also in the village you will find, among other things, a lovely small garden centre, a candle maker, gift shop and a vintage sweet shop.

This is informal, with no booking required, but if you could give me an idea if you may attend, I can get an idea of numbers. There's plenty of free parking in the village, which doesn't usually start filling up until around 10:30, but I'll probably warn the teashop that we're coming....

(I may be there that weekend, but I'm working on that currently. There should be interest from a few regions of the E-Type Club, Paul's customers and any other Jag owners we know) Feel free to let me know and I can tell Richard

A few photos from our visits a while back:

Simon Johnson
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Nottingham
E-type Club magazine contributor
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#2 Re: Breakfast Meeting - Sunday 1st September

Post by SEJohnson95 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm

A few photos from last Sunday's event

Once again we had a fabulous turnout for breakfast - 20 E-types and the lovely XJS invading an otherwise peaceful Derbyshire village. Difficult to get them all in the same shot, but we did have 20 at one point! We had a lovely mix colours and series again as well.

Lovely to see Forum members in attendance too - the two Robert Nicholsons (bobnicholson and madjack4) Adrian (Leekade), Jerry (JerryL770), with Jonathan (JonM) and Anne Mitchell's and John Darvell's car (V12 Epyte),today captained by Paul Brown and family, his young lad was squeezed in the back on camera duty!

I got the chance to have a closer look at this lovely S2 OTS - fast road spec, straight through exhaust, BRG with beige interior. Fabulous!

A few of the members decided that they weren't content with breakfast and headed up to the Barrel again for lunch, with Richard having a few copies of a run from Tissington to hand.

Thanks once again to everyone who came along - we'll always keep you posted when there's events on in our region!
Simon Johnson
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Nottingham
E-type Club magazine contributor
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bobsnicholson
Great Britain

#3 Re: Breakfast Meeting - Sunday 1st September

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Yes it was nice to meet myself. Is that what they call "finding oneself" ??
Look forward to the next meet and trust the Sat Nav will take me straight there and not via all the minor country lanes in Derbyshire causing me to be late.

Great selection of E-Types.
1972 V12 Roadster. Velar. M5. Caddy. Bikes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic