Adam Faiths E Type

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
johnben
Great Britain

#1 Adam Faiths E Type

Post by johnben » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:25 am

I showed my car at the Southern Classics Show in Chichester yesterday and was approached by another owner (minus his car) he said he thought his car may have been previously owned by Adam Faith, however, he had nothing to prove this other than his car was a very early 1961 OT. He is unable to use the computer very well so I said I would have a quick look round for him.
Up to now I have found out that Adam Faith (Terence Nelhams-Wright) had badgered William Lyons into selling him an E-type probably one of the first 10 built for the UK market so that would be 850001-850010, apparently it was Grey with Grey Trim and a Blue Hood. People can recall seeing Adam in his Jag in the newspaper and a Classic Car mag but after an hour or so looking round I am still empty handed. Anyone help?

John

Ser1 2 + 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vipergts
Great Britain

Post by vipergts » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 am

Adam Faith use to be a customer of mine right up until he popped off.

Regularly seen sitting down in our waiting area for his car (MB)

I could have asked him if he were still alive. :?
S1 4.2 Coupe

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Stuart Exelby
Great Britain

Post by Stuart Exelby » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:17 pm

http://www.adamfaith.org.uk/biog.php

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/barna ... /query/POP

Yep, I know Joe Brown isn't Adam Faith!!

http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=850165

I know that's not a lot of help - but it suggests Mr Faith's wasn't quite as early as one of the first ten.....
1967 Series 1 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
johnben
Great Britain

Post by johnben » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 am

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the info, this car [quote="Stuart Exelby"
is the same one and the same owner so I guess we are no further forward. As you rightly said it does not seem to be in the first 10 UK cars. I will give the owner a ring and get the chassis number off him.

John
Ser 1 2 + 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
johnben
Great Britain

Post by johnben » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:00 am

Just to close this post, I have rang the owner 3 times over the past 2 weeks and left a message with no response, I guess he does not want anyone to look to close into his claim

John Ser 1 2 + 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
johnben
Great Britain

Post by johnben » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:13 am

The owner (John) has come back to me re 450 DNV the original information he gave me was a bit confused. John was involved in a serious car accident some years ago and it has left him with a few issues.
Unless Adam Faith had more than one E Type we can presume the one above is not the one that he had badgered William Lyons to get simply on the date. John has given me the following details of his car:

Reg No 450 DNV
Chassis No 890423
Engine No RA64179
Original Colour Opalescent Golden Sand
It is one of the last 3.8 L made and first registered Jan 1964 (not 1961 as I presumed).
I have looked in the XK data and have done a general search with no result.
John was informed of the possible Adam Faith link 17 years ago by the salesman who sold him the car., he was also told the colour was reserved for celebrity cars.

1. So to sum up this car is too late to fit in with the Adam Faith / William Lyon story.
2. We don't know what E Type Adam first had.
3. Adam may have had more than one E Type in his career.
I told John that any information that came up on 450 DNV I would pass on to him, any suggestions to take this further forward?

John
Ser 1 2 + 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#7 Re: Adam Faiths E Type

Post by Heuer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Just received this email:

Hi David

Perhaps you would be kind enough to pass on the info regarding my ex Adam Faith e-type --- I still have the log book with his name and address in it. It was registered October 1961 and the registration number was 323 CYN. His girl friend at the time was Cynthia. Chassis number was 850161. Please feel free to pass on my e-mail if any of your guys wish to e-mail me for further info. balzan1@btinternet.com

I met Adam Faith many years later. He was interested in buying the car back off me. However, I had sold the car in Malta a few years before, hence still retaining the logbook.

Kind regards,

Bill
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB

Add your E-Type to our World Map: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

max-it-out
Great Britain

#8 Re: Adam Faiths E Type

Post by max-it-out » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am

I used to own 450 DNV .I bought it from a chap in Retford ,Notts , kept it for about 5 yrs and sold it around 1997.AFAIK it was a US import converted to RHD.It was a nice straight , rust free car.
Mark

1968 series 1.5 roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic