Drive it day, or don’t.

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#1 Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by chrisfell » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Today would have been, but for the lockdown, Drive It Day. Instead I’ll content myself with a start up and a run out of the garage to let it see the sunshine. I might give the paintwork a quick rub.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#2 Re: Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by cactusman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 pm

I went for the paper and milk in mine yesterday...slightly circuitous route to the shop....probably an extra four miles....two sets of folk took pictures of it parked outside the coop....at least it brightened someones day....not to mention mine...been six weeks since it was driven!!!
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#3 Re: Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by JerryL770 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:49 pm

I went to the Asda petrol station for lawn mower fuel, crossed a cop car coming out as I went in!! No problem, just another car going for essential supplies.

But I could not resist a blast round the valley on completely empty roads later on :bouncyyellow:
Last edited by JerryL770 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkS
Great Britain

#4 Re: Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by MarkS » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 am

While i was filling up the other week, a police car pulled up slowly behind me. The blood drained from me as I desperately tried to remember if I had any plastic bags stuffed away anywhere.. He finished filling up and walked slowly up to the car and said, 'that's a lovely car , I bet its nice to drive..?'

So, I confessed.. 'Yes', I said, just HAD to take it for a spin....'' :-(
the young bobby then said. with a smile.
'don't blame you.. it'd be a crime not to..." -and he walked off to pay for his fuel

its nice to know that there are still some decent sensible people about

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
chrisfell
St Lucia

#5 Re: Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by chrisfell » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:35 pm

Normally by now I have racked up my first thousand miles. (The car needs lots of test driving after a winter layup, even if that was only for a few days!). This year, not even one hundred.

The weekend after next would have been the first major gathering of Es this year at Goodwood. Usually May Day bank holiday Monday, this year it would have been VEday Friday 8th. I’ll start the car up no matter what, just to celebrate one of the significant days in the history of this land that both my parents would have experienced. Mum who worked in Whitehall, while Dad was in Germany in the Royal Armoured Corps. They hadn’t met yet.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

max-it-out
Great Britain

#6 Re: Drive it day, or don’t.

Post by max-it-out » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:31 am

Looking on the bright side - just think of all the money you`re saving on petrol :mrgreen:

Not using mine doesn't really worry me - there`s always bits that need cleaning / polishing...that`s the thing about the " E " it`s not just a car , its a moving sculpture .
Mark

1968 series 1.5 roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic