Hood Frame Fouling Seats S11

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
britcom58
Great Britain

#1 Hood Frame Fouling Seats S11

Post by britcom58 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this will have been covered so apologies but cant find anything - Is it normal for the roof frame to damage the seat on a S11? When roof is down and seat is pushed back the frame restricts the movement and I find it difficult to get comfortable. This is a USA car that has been converted to RHD. Is there anyway to improve the seat movement or is this standard - any advice would be appreciated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hood Frame Fouling Seats S11

Post by christopher storey » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm

I would think that either you are not pushing the hood frame down sufficiently once it reaches the horizontal position, or you have the seat reclined to a very significant degree. In My S2 OTS the seat back does not make contact with the frame when the car is ready to be driven . What does happen, however, is that unless you tilt the seat back forward a little when putting the hood up or down , the frame and seat back touch each other and cause damage. That having been said, I am a peculiar shape in that I am 6 feet tall but only have 30 inch inside leg, so my seat may not be quite as far back as yours, although as far as I know I have it on the rearmost position in the runners

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

darecem414
Great Britain

#3 Re: Hood Frame Fouling Seats S11

Post by darecem414 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:31 am

britcom58 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm
Hi,

I'm sure this will have been covered so apologies but cant find anything - Is it normal for the roof frame to damage the seat on a S11? When roof is tutuapp down and seat is pushed back vidmate the frame restricts the movement and I find it difficult to get comfortable. This is a USA car that has been converted to RHD. Is there anyway to improve the seat movement or is this standard - any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Britcom, did you perform the improvement? If yes would you mind sharing the way you went forward with!

Regards,
Roel Hackett

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic