DVLA Registration Process improving??

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Simonpfhc
Great Britain

#1 DVLA Registration Process improving??

Post by Simonpfhc » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:42 am

Hi all,

Just thought I’d drop a note regarding registering a car for the first time, as things are definitely improving at the DVLA.

I’ve registered a few cars over the past few years and the process seems to be getting faster each time. The latest request was posted just a week ago and this morning I had phone call from the DVLA. They reported that everything was fine and my registration request was about to be completed, but that I’d forgotten to include any photo identity. Rather than return everything as a failed request, they just called me and then sent me an email with the photo ID request to respond to. Fantastic!

So refreshing to see that they are using a bit of common sense not just following a laborious process that can be unnecessarily time taking.

A tip, which seems to work every time, is to NOT send a load of car evidence such as photo’s, lengthy descriptions of history and build process etc, etc. I did this the very first time I registered a car and had nothing but lengthy issues. With the last three processes I’ve just sent the minimum required documents along with a copy of the Heritage certificate and nothing more. All have been fast and successful.

Anyway, great news for this type of community that goes through this process quite regularly.

If any of you have any questions about the process, I’d be more than happy to help if I can.
Simon
62 3.8 FHC
91 Porsche 928GT
Find me on Instagram and Facebook @oldcarfixer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RICHOT
Great Britain

#2 Re: DVLA Registration Process improving??

Post by RICHOT » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:41 pm

Good to hear some positive news for a change about a government department.
1950 XK120
1965 S1 E Type DHC
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera cabriolet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Robbiee

#3 Re: DVLA Registration Process improving??

Post by Robbiee » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:07 pm

Hi All
This is good news
I too have had a very positive experience with the DVLA
Ive just gone through the process of re-regiastration of my UK 1962 OTS RHD that I found in Holland 5 years ago where it had been for 40 years. It had lost its reg and registration many years ago.
I have a matching numbers heritage cert which helped.

I can thoroughly recommend contacting Craig Thompson of the JEC. He took me through the entire process, filling out and emailing the forms and writing a covering letter to support my application.
He has a trusted contact at the DVLA which is a great help.

He's on dvla@jec.org.uk and its well with being a JEC member for the help he gave me.

I'd also like to thank all on this forum but David Jones in particular for encouraging me to persist in finding the identification numbers on my car

Regards
Robbie
Robbie 1962 3.8 Coupe OSG 1962 OTS ODG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic