BBC - Reel History of Britain

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
jackson.woods

#1 BBC - Reel History of Britain

Post by jackson.woods » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello!

I'm a researcher working at the BBC in Manchester, and I'm working on a programme called the "Reel History of Britain" - Basically, a social history programme for BBC2, focussing on different aspects of ordinary life in the 20th century, and I'm currently working on an episode titled "On The Move" - about the explosion of car ownership in the 60s and 70s amongst ordinary people, and the use of the new motorways.

We?re currently visiting different locations around the UK with our presenter Melvyn Bragg and a beautifully restored 1967 Bedford mobile cinema, and looking to get in touch with people who bought a car for the first time in that era, particularly those with experience of family holidays by car and using the motorways for the first time - especially E-Type owners who took advantage of the early lack of speed limits! If you?re interested in contributing, please email me with your name, number, and a convenient time for me to call - jackson.woods at bbc.co.uk

And don?t worry ? I?ve checked if it?s ok to post this!

Our promotional poster:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

Post by christopher storey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Hands up the first who wants to appear with Melvyn Bragg

Don't all get killed in the rush! " You could even ( my emphasis) feature on the programme"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic