The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#1 The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Post by Heuer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am

In the latest episode our hero's show off a range of Christmas gifts with inevitable results:

Unfortunately the other two chose jumpers by Mclaren and Nissan:

The part presented by James May on the rivalry between Ford and Ferrari over 24 Hours of Le Mans was superb and worth the subscription on its own.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

andrewh
Great Britain

#2 Re: The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Post by andrewh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:02 pm

I am wondering about whether to subscribe or not. I already have to subscribe to SKY TV and Netflix for the family, this would be one more tenner a month out not in! Miss them in a sort of old workmates sort of a way. I think we can all relate to them in some way or another. My wife has no interest at all and thinks they are over paid middle aged idiots being juvenile......I have explained that that is the whole point but she thinks it should be a car show. :swerve:
1962 3.8 Series One FHC

http://etype860897.blogspot.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#3 Re: The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Post by Heuer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Suggest you simply get Amazon Prime (£79 or £59 with discount per annum) which gives you and the family all free next day shipping on purchases, free music and of course access to all the Amazon Prime content.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mark Gordon
United States of America

#4 Re: The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Post by Mark Gordon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm lucky because one of my daughters has linked me to her Amazon account (although I do have Amazon Prime, I guess I could create my own account, but the Luddite in me refuses to go to the trouble) and I've been able to watch all of the episodes. I think that the program has been spotty with some segments being really funny or interesting and other being almost unwatchable. The bit on Eco conversions of Range Rover Sports comes to mind. However, I did think that the above bit on the sweaters was hilarious and I also thought that the Ford/Ferrari competition was worth watching and very well done. Maybe some day they will revisit the '50's and document how the C's and D's showed Ferrari what-for.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous 2017 to all of my Forum friends! :santa: :dance:
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Durango2k
Germany

#5 Re: The Grand Tour - Christmas Gifts

Post by Durango2k » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:24 pm

I am not that convinced by the Mozambique special. Yes its absolutely funny, but hey, there are people starving down there, so it was a waste of fish.

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic