- The HT contacts inside the distributor cap were fouled/caked up. Does one clean these and if so how? Am I right in thinking that any sort of abrasive cleaning will increase the spark gap which could cause a misfire?
- Spark plugs ditto; I have set the gap as per the workshop manual but does one just run some emery cloth between the contacts to clean them up?
- Grease nipple on rear hub carrier (outer lower suspension pivot) I was pumping away expecting brease to emerge at either end of the pivot where the nuts are. Having re-read the manual it would appear that all of the grease was just pumping out of a hole close to the nipple and up the inside of the lower suspension arm. Would that be due to the car being on stands and the suspension dropped down?
- Bleeding front brakes; with the ball bearing fitted under the bleed nipple; does this act as a not return valve allowing brake bleeding without shutting the nipple between strokes?
- Having had the battery on charge for a few days the charger has not switched over to 'ready & maintaining' does this suggest poor battery condition? It could be a problem with the charger but it used to do that.