Alternative 3.8 pedals

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
rswaffie
Great Britain

#1 Alternative 3.8 pedals

Post by rswaffie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi,
I am converting my lhd 3.8 to rhd and am looking at the pedal box options. From other posts in this forum, it looks like I can either get very lucky and find a reasonably priced used item, buy a new rhd one at an unreasonable price or find someone with an oxy-torch and a big hammer to bend my existing brake/clutch pedals and use the existing pedal box. As I am fitting a Mangoletsi conversion, which comes with a new (and therefore non-original) gas pedal, I was wondering whether there were any aftermarket options for the brake/clutch pedal and box that the racing boys might use. I have seen loads of alloy racing items for classic cars that are either floor or bulkhead mounted that are much cheaper than the original Jag items and they also provide a good deal of adjustment options to help with leg room, pedal spacing etc. I am awaiting a reply from Paul Brown regarding their 3.8 pedal prices, but in the meantime can anyone provide any info on alternatives?
Richard

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

:swerve: :wrench: :hammer: :fingerscrossed:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links