Technical advice Q&A

wagstefan
Germany

#21 Re: Zeus Brakes

Post by wagstefan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:44 am

neal herridge wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Mike.
Have you asked Zeus about their Jaguar approval I know Jaguar them selves have fitted some when they were doing restorations.
Neal.
And the other way round. Ask Jaguar Classics to confirm that Zeus calipers are regarded as proper and improved replacements for your car.

I had to get an official statement from Jaguar Classics, that 185 VR 15 are regarded and accepted as tyres for my 61 FHC (only 205/70 R 25 W were listed in the title). Moreover the statement was limited to my chassis no. only by explicitely listing my chassis no. So unfortunately no re-use for any other 3.8 cars, which I found a bit unfortunate.

And last shot, a guy here in the Frankfurt area told me about a TUEV-Pruefer who does a complete review of a classic car when a lot non-standard items have been installed (kind of Einzelabnahme). This takes time and is costly (2-3k Euros). But you are supposed to receive an official title listing all non-standard changes and allow you to drive aroimd with this set up

Maybe it is worth asking for such a procedure as well?!

Good luck!

P.S. for all non-Germans: hereover in Germany it is standard that you need an official assessment documentation (on replacement screens or front light glasses e.g. E2 or E with a number or any brake, suspension, engine, gearbox, safety item and normally also on wheels (might be even more)) to confirm that the item complies to the strong technical and safety regulations.
Due to that you might have read that we hereover also struggle to get the repro Dunlop alloy wheels registered

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tinworm
Great Britain

#22 Re: Zeus Brakes

Post by tinworm » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:06 am

Seems like regulation overkill in Germany to us Brits...
1968 E-type roadster, 1964 E-type fixed head 1995 Ferrari 355 1980 Ferrari 308 1987 V8 90 Landrover 1988 Bedford rascal van 1943 Ford GPW

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic