rivet clips on S type doors

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Ioannis
Greece

#1 rivet clips on S type doors

Post by Ioannis » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:38 am

Good day to everybody. I am happy being among you all. I own an S type (1967) and i have started stripping the color out of the whole body, so i can repaint it to its original golden sand (i had to persuade my wife for this change back to the original color, as she insisted on letting it in the color that i have found the car - black. I would like to ask about putting back the chromes on the doors. I found out that the clips the car is using are plastic, but i will put them off so to fulfill the re-painting. the question is, should i order from Barrat the (metallic) rivet clips or the plastic ones? is there any huge difference between these 2 kinds? And is the size of these clips fixed, or should i make measurements? I am asking all these as i am living in Athens and will take 20-30 days for the things to travel home. Thanks for reading, looking forward for your answers, as i am in the learning stage for the time being!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: rivet clips on S type doors

Post by mgcjag » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:58 am

Hi....we are an E type forum......you will probably get good S type info on the US based Jag Lovers forum.....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

abowie
Australia

#3 Re: rivet clips on S type doors

Post by abowie » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:02 pm

Andrew.