wiper blade/bad fitting to wiper arm

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Erikantwerp
Belgium

#1 wiper blade/bad fitting to wiper arm

Post by Erikantwerp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 am

Dear all,

I have a little inquiry to make and would welcome any of your experiences/thoughts.

This is about wiper blades for a series 1, more specifically the type that is a bit curved and is sold by SNG Barrat . First of all, let me tell you that I am so far very pleased with them as for their parts and I had no complaints sofar. The service is also to a very high standard. However, lately I bought a couple of those wiper blades and found that they did not wanted to "stick" and "keep" fitted to the wiper arms. More specifically, the little "lip" that is supposed to "push" the wiper arm into the little hole of the wiper blade (and as such securing it) is too loose and doe snot seem to have a "spring" which gives it more "push" (as I have seen in other wiper examples although hey were not as nice looking as those from SNG Barrat).

Before I tell this to them, has anyone experienced similar problems and if so how have you solved it ?

many thx in advance for your replies
cheers
Erik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

harryetype

Post by harryetype » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am

Good Morning Erik, its good to see you back on the forum. Sometimes you have to slightly bend the small tabs on the wiper blade so it is a bit tighter on the wiper arm.

If you look at the back of the wiper where it conects to the arm you will see a small piece of metal with a hole in it which slides over the little round tab on the arm, securing this small peace of metal are two pieces of metal folded round and you need to carefully crimp them slighlty and keep trying until you get a ferm hold on the arm.

Let us know how you get on.
Harry

My Dads old V12 TOM 32
1968 Roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Erikantwerp
Belgium

Post by Erikantwerp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:20 am

Harry,

many thx, I will try this asap and let you know

cheers
Erik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Erikantwerp
Belgium

Post by Erikantwerp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:40 am

Harry,
Done and it works !! Thx for helping out a double left hander e-type enthusiast :)

many thx
Erik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic