Shocks

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Aldeburgh

#1 Shocks

Post by Aldeburgh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:54 am

It appears my series III has had Boge shockers fitted as part of a susp rebuild. Does anyone have a view on these versus the koni or spax options?
'73 V12 2+2 Manual. I am on first name terms with every petrol pump attendant in the south of England.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Car-Nut

Post by Car-Nut » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:31 pm

If you do a search i think Heuer (David) wrote something something somewhere on a previous thread. :wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:16 pm

I had Koni Classics on my car. Fronts lasted 7,500 miles, rears 18,000 before they leaked. Quality has gone out of the window and unless you are fanatical the 'adjustable' feature is all but useless given how long it takes to get them off the car to do it - all marketing hype! Received wisdom was Koni's do not suit the E-Type handling characteristics anyway. I was going to try Spax adjustable (clicker on the side) but was advised against it as the controls are prone to fail. I settled on Spax non adjustable and they have been perfect - go with those or Boge and I doubt you will be disappointed unless you intend to race the car.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Aldeburgh

#4 Shocks

Post by Aldeburgh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks David, that is very helpful. I believe the rebuild was completed last year and the car has done very little mileage since. I've no intention to race at all, so the Boge option sounds like it will be a good set up for me.

Charlie.
'73 V12 2+2 Manual. I am on first name terms with every petrol pump attendant in the south of England.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

andyp

Post by andyp » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:44 pm

Charlie

I'm running Gaz adjustable shocks which seem to work just as well as anything high end I've tried in the past and are very good value for money.

They have the click on the side adjustment which was very handy for setting up but I'm hightly unlikely to ever use it again.

Andy
1966 2+2 MOD Conversion

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic